Skip to main content

The Mommy Diaries Part IV - TMI

I'm sure all of my fellow mommies out there will appreciate this, however, if you aren't a mommy you may want to proceed with caution. This post might contain too much information for some of you. :)

In my pre-mommy life my days used to be marked by meetings and work responsibilities. Being a teacher and a therapist, my calendar was full of case note and report card deadlines, appointments with parents and social workers, and of course dates with Tom. Since Aiden's birth, my calendar is quite bare aside from a once a week story time at the library and an occasional play date with Aiden's friend, baby Elyse. Since I stay at home and raise Aiden, gone are the things I once deemed important that used to keep me on a schedule. Believe me, when I was working I would start counting down to the weekend on Monday mornings. No one needed to remind me what day it was. HAHA! Now, my days seem to run together and are marked by Aiden's milestones. As of late, the thing that keeps my mental calendar running is Aiden's pooing schedule. Seriously, since beginning solids, Aiden has kept an every third day pooing regimen. It is Aiden's pooing that I schedule around b/c I would hate to be out and about and have to deal with Aiden's 3 days worth of poo in a public place. More times than not I just toss the kid in the tub. Yesterday morning, I kid you not, Tom woke up, looked at me, and said, "it's poo day!" HAHA! Unfortunately yesterday was also story time. I had a long talk with Aiden about not pooing during story time. He stayed true to his word and waited to do his business during his play time with baby Elyse. Thankfully, Natalie's house is cloth diaper friendly and she has a stash of plastic sacks to contain our yuckies!

So, this is just one more way my life has changed since we welcomed Aiden into our family. And, as with everything else, I wouldn't go back to conferences, or meetings, or paper due dates, or project deadlines for one million dollars. Give me poo anyday...I love my little boy so much!


Aiden's favorite toy. No, we don't let him watch T.V.




"Hey, mama! Don't ya think Baby Elyse is so cute?"




"I think I would like to just give her one little kiss!"
(For a video of Aiden trying to kiss Elyse, click here)

Comments

The Massons said…
ha ha ha, i love this, and it's SO true! renae is SUPER regular now, but when she was goes through teething, or a new food, i don't always know what to expect and i remember there were some times when i would dread having to go somewhere because i just KNEW that she would save up her poop bomb for outside of the house. one time she pooed on the arm this woman at el azteca. the owners wife wanted to hold her, and of course i let her (i'm the complete oppostite of you :) ) and renae went brown icky ALL over this woman's arm. poor lady. i have something else funny to tell you, but i have to send it in an email :) te he
I love this post. I totally can relate, minus the smell. I'm glad Aiden feels so comfortable as to poo in our home. Our home is your home :) By the way, I miss you already.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the warning! I can't imagine my life revolving around that (yet, anyway!). Unfortunately, I'm stuck in the land of papers and deadlines.

I am making it a 2009 goal to come visit you guys. Aiden is super cute, and I love how he always has a huge, open-mouth grin. Does he ever cry? ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...