Skip to main content

Van Gogh, Picasso, and Aiden

One of my friend's once told me that she didn't want her kids to think that other people's artwork was worthy of being framed, but their artwork was only worthy of the refrigerator. So, she planned on framing her kid's artwork. I think she was SO wise! I decided that Aiden's artwork is worthy of being on more than just typing paper, so I dug out a canvas for him from my art supplies (I'm an artist wanna-be and for Valentine's Day Tom restocks my art supplies) and we went to town! Aiden finger painted almost the whole kitchen and painted himself, but he did a beautiful job on his painting too! I can't wait to hang it up!


The finished product!


Little hands at work



"Finger painting is SO fun!"


"Mama, I need more paint!"


"I'm off to a good start. What do you think so far?"

"I just need a little more yellow in this corner."

"This is my best work. Dada says it'll bring millions on Ebay!"

P.S. Aiden "read" my bible today and as a result my bible has a few missing pages. I think he was trying to hide the word in his heart. Daddy caught him in the act. :)

Comments

What a mess, but seriously, Aiden did a great job. His final project really is good. Let me know where you decide to hang it.
rebadawn said…
What a great lil artist you have there!! He is getting so grown up!! What a cutie!!
The Massons said…
cute! last weekend i let renae draw with markers on HUGE piesce of paper. i was smart and stripped down first. she loved coloring on herself and it was so cute! i stole jess crawford's idea about framing 1 piece of artwork for each child and hanging it on the wall. since renae has started creating, i need to find a frame! for now, her HUGE "self portrait" hangs on our wall :)

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...