Last night, after weeks of begging, Tom finally agreed to take us to church at Solomon's Porch which is a church in Minneapolis. I have been wanting to check it out for awhile now because it is a very different style of church. It isn't really a Christian pop culture church, but instead it is very communal, holistic, and relationship oriented. The sanctuary is filled with couches arranged in a circle and the pastor speaks from a stool in the middle that swivels so he can connect with everyone. Comments are welcome during the service and all the worship is written by the Solomon's Porch band. It incorporates posture prayers, communal readings, and is very baby friendly during the service. In fact, the pastor even said that if a baby cries that is just fine! That really meant a lot to me. Anyway, Tom was very nervous b/c it is a tad bit of a "hippie" church. It's full of free spirit's and granola's (a major plus for me, but caused Tom anxiety). I had been teasing him that we were probably going to do interpretive dances with scarves. HAHA! We really enjoyed seeing how this body of believers worshiped and may go back again sometime. Anyone in the area should check it out because I really believe that it is good to experience how others live out their faith and worship as a church body.
On a completely unrelated note, Aiden ate all his spinach for dinner tonight! Who wouldn't when the spinach is mixed with mango and pear? It was mighty yummy if I do say so myself. I don't feed Aiden things that I don't try first, and this was pretty good. Dr. Sears ( I LOVE Dr. Sears) has a line of frozen baby food called Happy Baby and it's delish! I make a lot of Aiden's baby food, but seriously Happy Baby food is organic, has added DHA, is very yummy, and has a reasonable price tag so sometimes I wonder why I bother to make my own. Also, I ordered Aiden a tuxedo because he is the ring bearer in my sister's wedding. It came in the mail today and it is stinkin' adorable! Complete with a little bow tie and vest...the ladies will be all over him! HAHA!
Gotta go get the baby out of the tub. I can hear Tom saying, "No-no, Aiden. We cannot stand in the tub." All that baby wants to do is stand. He is such a mover. By the end of the day I'm one tired mama.

Easy entertainment while I cook dinner
On a completely unrelated note, Aiden ate all his spinach for dinner tonight! Who wouldn't when the spinach is mixed with mango and pear? It was mighty yummy if I do say so myself. I don't feed Aiden things that I don't try first, and this was pretty good. Dr. Sears ( I LOVE Dr. Sears) has a line of frozen baby food called Happy Baby and it's delish! I make a lot of Aiden's baby food, but seriously Happy Baby food is organic, has added DHA, is very yummy, and has a reasonable price tag so sometimes I wonder why I bother to make my own. Also, I ordered Aiden a tuxedo because he is the ring bearer in my sister's wedding. It came in the mail today and it is stinkin' adorable! Complete with a little bow tie and vest...the ladies will be all over him! HAHA!
Gotta go get the baby out of the tub. I can hear Tom saying, "No-no, Aiden. We cannot stand in the tub." All that baby wants to do is stand. He is such a mover. By the end of the day I'm one tired mama.

Easy entertainment while I cook dinner
Comments