Skip to main content

Thursday's Thoughts Part III

Jammin' with Daddy

1. I don't usually post twice a day, but the other post was from Aiden and I thought I'd put in my $.02 for the day.

2. Aiden and Daddy are playing harmonicas right now. It's super cute. Bet ya didn't know that Tom plays the harmonica?

3. Earlier from Aiden's bedroom I heard Tom gagging. Then I heard him yelling my name. I went to see what the ruckus was about. Aiden pooped. Tom almost barfed. I can't say I totally blame him...Aiden has eaten alot of carrots lately and that makes for very yucky poo.

4. I got in touch with my inner child today. One word....Raffi! YAY!! Anybody remember Raffi? I loved him as a child. I practically grew up on Baby Baluga. Raffi in Concert was a BIG deal at our house and Raffi has been a big hit at Aiden's story time as well. Tom made us some Raffi CD's (well, not CD's really since my technie nerd of a hubby has the songs on the computer and streams them to the xbox and the songs play through the TV...or something like that). Anyway, I introduced Aiden and Tom to Raffi today...Tom grew up on the Beatles and is clueless when it comes to children's music. We danced to this folksy singer and it was very silly, fun, and freeing in a way.

5. I spilled scalding water on my tummy and have blisters as a result. OUCH!

6. Our favorite song right now is "New Day" by the Robbie Seay Band. Check it out. You'll love it.

Comments

Hey, I'm still praying for your tummy to get healed. I was so sad and scared for you when I talked to you yesterday about it. Also, laughing about the poo situation with Tom. Boy for men having to be the tough ones, sometimes they sure are wimps.
Jen said…
Hey Jenny -

Thanks for your email. I passed it onto Kate. She is due with baby #4 on Tuesday! I can't wait to find out if it is a girl or boy. Kate's email is kehresman@huxcomm.net. She is also on facebook now (though I'm not sure how often she checks it!). I'm sure she would love to get in touch with you.

Jen Lee

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...