Skip to main content

Santa's Workshop

I feel like The Grinch this year. Typically, by this time our Christmas Tree has been up for 2-3 weeks, my Christmas letters are almost in the mail, and my shopping is pretty much done with the gifts wrapped and under the tree. This year NOTHING is done. I don't even have my tree up....which by the way is a dilemma this year. What kind of a tree to put up with a very active 7 month old is the million dollar question. We've never done a big tree before....we just do a set of three Alpine trees (I call them my Charlie Brown trees). But, I want a tree for Aiden. I want very specific kind of tree and one that is NOT prelit thus my tree shopping has proven exhausting and unfruitful. Plus, I don't really want to shell out several hundred dollars on a tree this year. Today Tom will be home for awhile so I'm determined to solve the tree dilemma and at least have the decorating done by the end of today. I dug the decorations out of the closet yesterday. Aiden was eager to help. Today our house is going to turn into Santa's workshop so hopefully next time you hear from me we'll be a little more festive around here.
Santa's little helper

Comments

I see Aiden's naked. Good thing he didn't pee, that could have been one nasty electric shock :)
The Massons said…
christmas trees here are CHEAP! which was shocking to us because since they aren't as commonly used, we thought they' be more expensive. but our 150cm tree was only about 22 bucks! and a full size tree was only about 40 bucks! crazy! we did our tradition of putting it up the sunday after thanksgiving, then enjoying chili with only candles and the christmas lights on. the only thing different his year was the tree was shorter, we did it on a saturday, and my parents were here. we also bought renae her own puppy ornament (because she LOVEs dogs! she says "ruff ruff!" when she sees one.) and we hung it low enough so she could tough it. today i came out of my shower and i heard renae jabbering away, but i couldn't find her in her room or our room. she was in the living room "talking" to her puppy ornament. isn't that CUTE?? she's our kind of girl! like i said, we got a 150cm tree, but then put it up on an end table. it sounds ugly, but it's cute. so the lowest branches are higher than renae's head when she stands. she can reach up and touch her puppy, but tha'ts about it. a set up like that mike work for aiden since he can't pull himself up yet. presents just might have to be kept away from underneath the table. :) this is LONG comment. oops! you know how i am . . .

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...