Skip to main content

The Mommy Diaries Part X --A Trilogy

You can all picture the mother who is classified as a little obsessive. She keeps every single one of her kids pictures they color and organizes them in a binder. She writes the date and the age on the back of every snap shot. Her kids always wear socks that exactly match their outfits. Well, I'm not one of those moms. The art work Aiden has done so far is in a box, I've already forgotten how old Aiden is in most of the pictures I've taken, and I'm lucky if I even get socks on Aiden everyday. He's such a squirmy worm that I'm all worn out by the time I wrestle him into his shirt and pants that he goes without socks a lot of the time. However, there is one thing (well, probably more than one thing but only one thing I'm going to blog about) that I am a little anal about. I am obsessive about Aiden's toys. I cannot stand it if one toy is missing....especially if it's part of a set. When we (I) pick them up at night I'm doing a mental inventory to make sure that all toys and parts are present and accounted for. If we're missing anything I find it. Once I couldn't find a ball that went to his penguin bowling set and I retraced all my steps from the previous week trying to find it. I was calling restaurants, I called my sister-in-law, and where did I finally find it? At Natalie's....in fact I've found several missing things at Natalie's house so now I always call her first. Haha. I spent 30 minutes re-tracing our steps through the store trying to find Aiden's stocking hat once. Tonight I was picking up his foam letter puzzle pieces and I was missing two pieces. I nearly went mad as I spent 45 minutes tearing through the house on my hands and knees with a flashlight trying to find the "D" and the "T." I finally found them under the rug...how they ended up there I have no idea. Aiden carries his toys all over the house now so anywhere is fair game. Nonetheless, I found them and order has once again been restored. Aiden has lots of toys and seriously I don't know how I know if something is missing, but I do. We are in desperate need of the toy organizer that Aiden's Great Grandpa made him for Christmas. It is still at Grandpa's house b/c we haven't yet made the trip to pick it up. Anyway....now you all know that I'm just a little insane about some things.
My two lovies reading stories

Aiden roars like a lion when we read this book. I'll post a video of it someday.
______________________________________________________________
Believe it or not, I do have a life outside of Aiden. I know it's kind of random to not make this announcement in a separate post but.......drum roll please....I PASSED MY EXAM!!! (Que the Hallelujah Chorus!) Yes, I took and passed the NCMHCE...that horrible 4 hour test that I barely studied for! WOO HOO! Now, I'm in the middle of applying for licensure and when I finally get approved I'll offically be:

Jenny Jorgensen-Kuphal, M.A., LPCC

The other news in my life is that I'm going back to work. It's bittersweet really, but nonetheless I'm going back. I'll be doing in-home therapy again with autistic kids which is NOT my ideal, but my license isn't official yet so I had to take what I could get. It's a stepping stone and the hours are decent (the pay is still crappy) but at only 15 hours a week I can't complain. Most of the time Tom will be able to stay with Aiden and that is what matters most to me.
______________________________________________________________
Lastly, if anyone is actually still reading this, I'm going to vent about the treatment of what the media is calling the "octu-mom." Ya know...the single woman who had octuplets by invetro who already had 7 or 8 kids so now she has 16 kids and is on state aide. Now, I'm not saying it's the smartest idea and I can see how tax payers may be upset. However, it's not like she is the only mother who is on state aid and has kids she can't afford. Also, I can't and won't comment on the care each child gets since I just don't know the details on that issue and I do understand that one mother can't care for 16 kids by herself so she should be checked on. But, I do not agree with the entire world judging her. Whether or not it was ethical for the doctor to allow her to risk giving birth to 8 kids and whether or not a single woman who wants 16 kids is mentally stable is beside the point b/c at this point we can't give the babies back, nor would we want to. Also, I was sadly watching Access Hollywood at lunch yesterday and they were showing the octu-mom's preggo belly and Hollywood stars were commenting on how ugly and disgusting her belly was. NO ONE should have to endure that criticism. That just isn't fair. Instead of judging, people should just reach out to her and help her. Help is what she needs and at this point everyone just needs to make the best of the situation and regardless those new little lives should be celebrated. Plus, it's my humble opinion that she sounded fairly stable and intelligent in her interview on The Today Show. I think with support her family could flourish.

The End

Comments

The Massons said…
congrats on the test!!! yay!!
Congrats on passing your exam! I'm so proud of you and was happy to be there to celebrate it with you. The toy dilemma isn't a dilemma, it's actually kind of nice because now you won't have to go buy the missing piece to find it a week later. The pictures are also adorable! Have a great weekend at home, I'll miss you.
Scott & Julie said…
Congrats on passing that horrible test! That's wonderful.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...