Skip to main content

Awkward!

This morning greeted me with a very awkward situation. I worked at 9 AM today so that Tom could stay home with Aiden while I worked. I arrived at my clients house 7 minutes early and I didn't think that was a big deal, so I went ahead and rang the doorbell. Just to note, my clients have said that I'm welcome to come early, but just to call if I'll be more than 1/2 an hour early. Anyway, I rang the bell and it took awhile for them to answer. I got very nervous that perhaps I was too early and they were still in bed or getting ready for the day. Finally, the dad answered the door.....IN HIS UNDERWEAR!!! AHHH! Aside from being super embarassed, I felt so bad b/c I thought it was my fault for coming a little early. I was worried that I had embarrassed him. However, any guilt I felt quickly diminished when the dad spent quite awhile lounging on the couch in his underwear. WIERD! In his defense, he wasn't wearing tighty whities, he was wearing boxers, but still! They were short, thin, and had snowmen on them...definitely underwear and in no way could they pass for shorts. I was thinking that perhaps in Vietnam (my clients are Vietnamese) boxers are ok to wear in public? However, I'm not giving him much grace in terms of the culture argument b/c he seems pretty assimilated into American culture. He wears stylish clothes, drinks American beer, swears in English, and has a popular R&B song (in English) for his cell phone ring. My conclusion is this: My client recieves close to 40 hours a week of in-home therapy from the company I work for. I suppose that if I had a guest in my home for 40 hours a week I would stop caring and go about my usual business in my home and make myself comfortable....even in my underwear. Um...yeah, even that is a weak argument, but each to their own.

This wasn't what I was expecting when I awoke and began my day. Hopefully next week I can stear clear of Vietnamese men in their undies.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Eww! Dude, by 9 a.m. you need to be dressed if you are expecting people to be at your house. No excuses! BTW, I loved the cabin pics. I'll come help break the place in. :)
Oh my goodnes. After laughing tons and picturing the expression on your face I sat by to reflect on what else you wrote. I bet that's true on feeling comfortable. I tend to wear more sweatpants with close family or friends, but if it was someone I didn't see all that often I wear nice things. So do you think you are getting paid enough for this?
The Massons said…
ahh jenny!!! i'm laughing WITH you for this embarassing situation . . . oh my word! :) i love the pics of the new cabin. i hope next summer we can make a trip up to see you all there :)
Scott & Julie said…
Do go to these appointments by yourself? Perhaps you should bring some mace along.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...