I've heard it be hold that an elephant never forgets....and neither does Aiden. :)
On Sunday Tom, Aiden, and I went to rent a movie and make a stop at our favorite ice cream shop. Unfortunately the ice cream shop was closed so we had to settle for a cone at McDonald's. We really played up how fun it was to get ice cream (for Aiden's sake) and he even got to get his own cone. Too bad I don't have pictures, but he thought it was very cool and thoroughly enjoyed his treat.
Fast forward to last night when I had to go back to McDonald's to return the movie. Aiden and I pulled into the McDonald's parking lot and before I even turned off the car I hear Aiden yelling from the back seat, "I ceeeeeemmmm!!!! I ceeeeeeemmmm!!" How on earth did he remember that McDonald's was were we got the ice cream?
I had to drag Aiden inside to return the movie and all the while he is yelling, "I ceeeemmmm!" It was very cute but I felt like the bad mama of the year b/c since it was fifteen minutes before his dinner time I wasn't about to indulge him in a sugary treat. Once back in the car, in typical toddler fashion, Aiden threw the fit of all fits complete with arching his back, refusing to sit in his car seat, and crying up a storm. He had recovered by the time we got home and he ate a wonderful dinner....veggies included. We played the evening away and he must have forgiven me b/c he was sweet enough to give me lots of kisses before bed time. I was telling this story to my mother and I found myself spelling out I-C-E C-R-E-A-M so as not to induce another round of disapointment and crying from my 15 month old. Seriously, that kid is too smart for his own good and I've notice that he already has a selective memory. Ice cream he won't forget, but he forgets every 20 minutes not to use his hammer on my glass cupboard doors. I'll bet that when he's 13 he won't remember how to make his bed or where the clothes hamper is.
On Sunday Tom, Aiden, and I went to rent a movie and make a stop at our favorite ice cream shop. Unfortunately the ice cream shop was closed so we had to settle for a cone at McDonald's. We really played up how fun it was to get ice cream (for Aiden's sake) and he even got to get his own cone. Too bad I don't have pictures, but he thought it was very cool and thoroughly enjoyed his treat.
Fast forward to last night when I had to go back to McDonald's to return the movie. Aiden and I pulled into the McDonald's parking lot and before I even turned off the car I hear Aiden yelling from the back seat, "I ceeeeeemmmm!!!! I ceeeeeeemmmm!!" How on earth did he remember that McDonald's was were we got the ice cream?
I had to drag Aiden inside to return the movie and all the while he is yelling, "I ceeeemmmm!" It was very cute but I felt like the bad mama of the year b/c since it was fifteen minutes before his dinner time I wasn't about to indulge him in a sugary treat. Once back in the car, in typical toddler fashion, Aiden threw the fit of all fits complete with arching his back, refusing to sit in his car seat, and crying up a storm. He had recovered by the time we got home and he ate a wonderful dinner....veggies included. We played the evening away and he must have forgiven me b/c he was sweet enough to give me lots of kisses before bed time. I was telling this story to my mother and I found myself spelling out I-C-E C-R-E-A-M so as not to induce another round of disapointment and crying from my 15 month old. Seriously, that kid is too smart for his own good and I've notice that he already has a selective memory. Ice cream he won't forget, but he forgets every 20 minutes not to use his hammer on my glass cupboard doors. I'll bet that when he's 13 he won't remember how to make his bed or where the clothes hamper is.
Comments