Home Sweet Home
Whew! I LOVE living in this house and I LOVE the country (although I could do without screeching animals in the night). But, this house does take a bit more work to keep up than our little apartment did. I could have our apartment scrubbed in 2 hours flat....here I'm learning I probably can't clean and scrub everything in one day--especially while chasing Aiden around. And, living in the country makes things a bit dirtier a bit quicker and I'm having to relinquish my OCD when it comes to having a perfectly clean floor 24/7. To add to it, Tom and I are trying our hand at a few home improvement projects-mostly painting- and that takes awhile. I'm learning to pace myself. In the past I probably would have just not slept until all was settled, but now I'm learning that I can't go until I drop since I have Aiden and can't afford to be cashed out all the next day. I'm trying to do just a couple things per week and my goal is by Fall to have all the repainting done and garage more organized. Fall seems a long way off but with being at the Cabin almost every weekend and having a husband that works odd hours, this is what seems feasible.
All that said, it's also important to just stop and leave the work from time to time and enjoy our new place. It won't be summer for long so for now we are soaking in our beautiful place!
So picture-esque! This is our backyard...

We left the dinner dishes on the table last night and went out to enjoy an evening walk. This is the start of the trails in our backyard

More trails...

More trails...

More trails...

This is what comes into view when the trail comes out of the woods. I LOVE the windmill in our front yard....L-O-V-E it!

This is to the side of our house. I love it b/c it is so "all american" and gives us even more of a country feel....

I'll post a virtual tour of the inside of the house when the painting is done.
Today was also super busy b/c Aiden had his friend, Emery, over to play so Emery's mama and dada could see a movie. I'm exhausted after chasing around 2 one year olds all day...but it sure was fun! Tomorrow I have to work and Aiden and I have to do some serious raspberry picking before the birds steal all of our yummy berries. We have TONS of bushes and I know I won't get them all picked. I have a feeling Aiden is going to eat them faster than I can pick them!
Aiden and Emery "cooking" in the kitchen cupboard

Aiden and Emery took turns (which I forced them to do...neither one wanted to take turns) riding in the car and gasing it up. :)


(Only Minnesota babies where pants, long sleeves, and jackets in the middle of July)

Comments