This is year two for our family putting up a big tree and it's year two for a REAL tree. Tom says there is nothing like a real tree and maybe, just maybe, I'm starting to believe him. This year we were in a bit of a hurry getting our tree so we didn't cut it down or go on a sleigh ride, but next year Tom says we are starting a tradition and blocking out the whole day for our tree so we can take in the whole experience. If Tom wants to cut down a tree in freezing cold weather it's fine by me. :) Tom says it's part of the "tree experience" and he wants Aiden to have memories of cutting down our tree and bringing it home. I agreed...as long as I don't have to help. Anyway, this year was a shortened version of the tradition but it was still fun. The farm we went to was close to home and really nice. I think Tom is right....this is the beginning of a really fun tradition.

It took awhile to agree on a tree. Tom wanted a gigantic bush and I wanted a medium sized, and slightly skinny Frasier. We finally brought home a Cannon Fir and we're both happy.

We got to see animals just like the animals that were in the stable when Jesus was born!

The puppies might have been the highlight of the day. Tom is getting a puppy itch but I firmly said not yet.

Santa Claus was SO nice. I'm never going to a Mall Santa again. The conversation between Aiden and Santa went like this:
Santa: "What do you want for Christmas? Would you like some legos."
Aiden: "No, I already have legos."
Santa: "Would you like new mittens with Spiderman on them?"
Aiden: "No, I don't fink so."
Santa: "What would you like?"
Aiden: "Santa, I need a camera for Christmas!"
Santa (laughing): "Well, are you sure you are 2 and not 16?"
I highly doubt Santa will disappoint. Aiden is talking of nothing else. So, we had a fun day. The tree is up (pictures later) and we spent the day with Tom's cousin and his very sweet girlfriend. Tom's parents were able to join us for dinner and rumor has it we are going to the indoor park in Edina today for more fun with cousins and pizza. I don't want Monday to come. Having Tom home for 4 days has been so great!

It took awhile to agree on a tree. Tom wanted a gigantic bush and I wanted a medium sized, and slightly skinny Frasier. We finally brought home a Cannon Fir and we're both happy.

We got to see animals just like the animals that were in the stable when Jesus was born!

The puppies might have been the highlight of the day. Tom is getting a puppy itch but I firmly said not yet.

Santa Claus was SO nice. I'm never going to a Mall Santa again. The conversation between Aiden and Santa went like this:
Santa: "What do you want for Christmas? Would you like some legos."
Aiden: "No, I already have legos."
Santa: "Would you like new mittens with Spiderman on them?"
Aiden: "No, I don't fink so."
Santa: "What would you like?"
Aiden: "Santa, I need a camera for Christmas!"
Santa (laughing): "Well, are you sure you are 2 and not 16?"
I highly doubt Santa will disappoint. Aiden is talking of nothing else. So, we had a fun day. The tree is up (pictures later) and we spent the day with Tom's cousin and his very sweet girlfriend. Tom's parents were able to join us for dinner and rumor has it we are going to the indoor park in Edina today for more fun with cousins and pizza. I don't want Monday to come. Having Tom home for 4 days has been so great!
Comments