"Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done." Ps. 105:1
So, I was counting my blessings today...and naming them one by one. I was trying to pick out the thing I was most thankful for. I came to this conclusion. I am very thankful for Tom's job, for our warm house, and for the fact that all our needs are met. It's very real to me that some people can't count those in their "thankful list" so I'm not taking those things for granted at all. But, all those things can be replaced. Tom can find other jobs, we could live somewhere else, food can always be bought (I know, I know...as long as Tom has a job and the market doesn't crash, right?). But, there will never be another Aiden or another Tom or another family. My goodness...the list of people that are so near and dear to me goes on and on. So, those are the things, or people rather, at the top of my list. Goodness knows where we'd be without our little Aiden. He makes our hearts smile everyday and keeps us close. The only thing I'm not thankful for today is the distance that there is between us and family. Mom, Dad, Erik, Will, and Ashley...I can't wait to see you all at our Thanksgiving table at the cabin in 2 weeks! I love you!
Who wouldn't be thankful for this cheese face?

Today started off differently than any other Thanksgiving. We are going to Tom's Auntie's later today for dinner so this morning was quiet...so quiet...at our house. I made baked oatmeal and hot cocoa and in honor of my FAVORITE Thanksgiving tradition Aiden had breakfast in the family room so we could watch Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I so love this parade (any parade for that matter...Tom makes fun of me cause I just love parades). My Dad and I always watched this parade when I was growing up and I love it! It's magical and pretty and exciting and I even love the commentators. The extremely sad part is that between making oatmeal and cocoa and the neighbors that were in and out this morning, I somehow missed my Radio City Rockettes. They are my all time fave. In another life I'm going to be a Rockette, but in this life I don't meet the height and weight requirements. But, maybe in heaven God will let me be a Rockette...at least for a day. :) I'll see their performance later on youtube and live vicariously through them and wish with all my might that I could do a great high kick. :)
From our house to yours, Happy Thanksgiving! Radio City Rockettes aside, God has been so very good. We live surrounded by his grace and mercy. The blessings in our lives go on and on.
Comments