Skip to main content

Family Game Night

There is nothing new around here to report. I'm busy trying to keep everyone healthy and trying (but not succeeding) to stay on top of things. Sigh. My mother-in-law reminded me to be thankful this week when I was complaining about the grocery shopping. She made a good point so I'm also trying to sing the "Thank God for Dirty Dishes Song" when I clean the kitchen for what seems like 11 times per day. I'm not succeeding at that either, but at least I'm tryin'.

Tom asked Aiden what song he wanted to sing the other day and Aiden wanted to sing, "What's up, Jesus?" So Tom made up a song that our family now knows as "What's Up, Jesus?" It's pretty cheesy but it would probably fit right into the play list on KTIS. :)

Untitled from Jenny on Vimeo.


We're trying to teach Aiden games. He doesn't get it. Taking turns and winning and loosing are lost concepts when you are two. Mostly he makes up his own rules. During memory he gets the most excited when he finds the card with the cookie or the train on it. During Lucky Ducks he doesn't like to keep the ducks with his color on it because then the pond doesn't have enough ducks in it, and during Candy Land today the blue man ate all the candy and then went to hide under the couch cushion. Maybe someday we'll have family game night, but right now we're still trying to get him to NOT tell you where he's going to hide during Hide and Seek. :) Nonetheless, here is our go at family game night and trying to teach Aiden what it's like to be the winner. On the plus side, he does usually remember where certain cards are in memory, he just doesn't like to play that way. I'm hoping this means he's imaginative and creative instead of a rule breaker.

Untitled from Jenny on Vimeo.

Comments

What a fun family night. I think I could win at memory too if I only had to find one match ;) Great job Aiden, you will be matching them all in no time. I gurantee it.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...