I wasn't going to blog this week but Aiden is sound asleep and Tom is watching The Book of Eli. Out of the first 10 minutes of that movie I had my eyes covered for 9 minutes. When I did take a peak a chain saw was brought into the already violent fight. So, I'm opting out and you all get to listen to my boring, mid-week blog. Speaking of movies, I watched Babies last night. It was awesome. I could write a novel about it but I'll spare you. My favorite Mama was the African Tribal mama. I loved her for her baby wearing, extended breastfeeding, always having her baby with her, and earthy ways. Deep down I'm secretly like her.
I need a creative outlet (or at the very least a good book to read). I'm bored with our house but I don't plan on changing much until we buy our own house. So that means I need to find something to satisfy my itch to create. I kind of want to take up wheel thrown pottery again. But who am I kidding? It took me 6 weeks just to make a bowl that actually looked like a bowl. :) My favorite form of creativity is re-decorating or making something new out of something old so maybe Christmas decorating will just have to be enough for now. My house would be partially decorated by now, but I just can't bust out the evergreen when it's almost 70 degrees. Something about drinking ice tea in November while I trim the tree doesn't sound right. I must wait for hot chocolate weather.
Just in case hot chocolate weather shows up this week Aiden and I bought marshmallows at the store on Tuesday. It's Wednesday night and the bag is half gone. I haven't bought them in so long because I have to ration myself to 1 bag per week. And now, after going cold turkey for weeks, I'm like an addict who can't stop. I went to the dentist yesterday and I do have a cavity. This cavity I can't blame on pregnancy so I should probably stop with the marshmallows. Easier said than done.
I drove in the drive way tonight after work and Aiden was waiting for me on the front porch. He told me that he was trying to catch a deer. To do so he was using stickers, paper, and sticky tack. Tom said he was very specific about what he needed and what he was going to do. Tomorrow he thinks we are going to feed popcorn to the deer. And of course, we will do just that. We'll try popcorn and then research what a deer really eats (does anyone know?) and then I'll pray that God brings a deer to our yard just for Aiden. Isn't that what homeschooling is all about? There's just something about having the freedom to capture the moment and make lessons out of the things your child is interested in during one little moment. Not saying that I'm going to homeschool, but it could happen.
I should productively use this time to complete some Christmas shopping online. I just have Christmas on the brain these days. Aiden is starting to understand what Christmas really is and I think this might be the first year we'll see the wonder and amazement of Christmas in his eyes. I just. can't. wait.
I need a creative outlet (or at the very least a good book to read). I'm bored with our house but I don't plan on changing much until we buy our own house. So that means I need to find something to satisfy my itch to create. I kind of want to take up wheel thrown pottery again. But who am I kidding? It took me 6 weeks just to make a bowl that actually looked like a bowl. :) My favorite form of creativity is re-decorating or making something new out of something old so maybe Christmas decorating will just have to be enough for now. My house would be partially decorated by now, but I just can't bust out the evergreen when it's almost 70 degrees. Something about drinking ice tea in November while I trim the tree doesn't sound right. I must wait for hot chocolate weather.
Just in case hot chocolate weather shows up this week Aiden and I bought marshmallows at the store on Tuesday. It's Wednesday night and the bag is half gone. I haven't bought them in so long because I have to ration myself to 1 bag per week. And now, after going cold turkey for weeks, I'm like an addict who can't stop. I went to the dentist yesterday and I do have a cavity. This cavity I can't blame on pregnancy so I should probably stop with the marshmallows. Easier said than done.
I drove in the drive way tonight after work and Aiden was waiting for me on the front porch. He told me that he was trying to catch a deer. To do so he was using stickers, paper, and sticky tack. Tom said he was very specific about what he needed and what he was going to do. Tomorrow he thinks we are going to feed popcorn to the deer. And of course, we will do just that. We'll try popcorn and then research what a deer really eats (does anyone know?) and then I'll pray that God brings a deer to our yard just for Aiden. Isn't that what homeschooling is all about? There's just something about having the freedom to capture the moment and make lessons out of the things your child is interested in during one little moment. Not saying that I'm going to homeschool, but it could happen.
I should productively use this time to complete some Christmas shopping online. I just have Christmas on the brain these days. Aiden is starting to understand what Christmas really is and I think this might be the first year we'll see the wonder and amazement of Christmas in his eyes. I just. can't. wait.
Comments