It's the end of Aiden's first semester of preschool and I'm the proud mama and teacher that gets to give him a successful stamp on his report card. I'm patting myself of the back for sticking with our curriculum and being diligent with our 3 days a week/3 weeks per month plan. We're right on schedule! However, most of the credit goes to Aiden. He was a very easy student and asked to do school more than I offered. That little boy is a sponge and just absorbed everything. Aiden knows letters A-K and has a verse for each letter. We've done numbers 1-11 (although the math part has come much more slowly) and we've had a science topic each month. Don't get me wrong, I have loads of lesson plans we didn't get to, but we were consistent on many things. I'm tweaking things for next semester and I'm going to add in more creative outlets and craft opportunities and I'm going to tap into Aiden's hunger to know all about animals and his new found love of non-fiction. That should make for some fun weeks ahead. For now, we're done with school until January and this week we'll be busy taking in all of Christmas. Cookies here we come.
Here is the man of the hour showcasing his verses for his Grandmas....He's hiding God's word in his heart and we're talking alot about what the verses mean. Little by little Aiden's own faith is developing and it's really neat to watch. Unfortunately his mama wasn't consistent with references. Those will be another lesson for another day.
Here is the man of the hour showcasing his verses for his Grandmas....He's hiding God's word in his heart and we're talking alot about what the verses mean. Little by little Aiden's own faith is developing and it's really neat to watch. Unfortunately his mama wasn't consistent with references. Those will be another lesson for another day.
Comments
Oh yeah, also want to say, miss you guys and would love to see you soon.
way to go on the education plan. (and even the application of verses).
i bet parent/teacher conferences were a struggle though ;)
miss you guys! wish we could see you more often (... than never).
Merry Christmas!
-jesse