Skip to main content

Until Forever

It feels like a lifetime ago, and to be honest 7 years is kind of a lifetime ago....at least in my mind. 7 years makes me feel old, yet it makes me feel comfy, cozy, secure, and grounded. I can't believe we've been married for 7 years!!! Someone asked me at Thanksgiving how long we'd been married and when I replied "7 years" I was caught off guard. Even though I feel like we're newly weds, I don't think that 7 years keeps us in that category anymore. Thankfully when I told that person we'd been married 7 years she was shocked and said we looked really young and asked if we got married right out of high school. :) So,we're officially an old married couple and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love each and every year we've had. I'd do it over again, I wouldn't change a thing, and I'm ready for the rest of forever with Tom. Aside form living in 5 different places, what does 7 years bring? Let me show you:

1. We got married (Dec 2003)


2. We took a honeymoon (Jan 2004)


3. Tom graduated with his B.A. (Dec 2004)


5. Jenny graduated with her B.S....sorry no picture (May 2005)

6. We thought we were moving to Dallas to go to seminary (August 2005)


7. We changed our minds and stayed in Ames (fall and winter 2005)


8. We moved to Minnesota where it snows in March (Jan 2006)


9. We had a baby (April 2008)


10. Jenny graduated with her M.A. (May 2008)


11. Tom went to work for Wells Fargo (Febuary 2009)


12. And in a nut shell...that's it! Now here we are...mapping out our flexible plan for the next 5 years. It sure looks different than I imagined, but that's a good thing.


Happy Anniversary, Thomas! Thank you for letting me be me, for giving me room to grow and learn and encouraging me along the way. Thank you for being calm when I'm not, for converting to (or at least tolerating) my hippie ways, and for leaving your clothes on the floor everyday (NOT!). Thank you for the little things like checking the mouse traps everyday and thank you for the big things like living out your faith and going to work so I don't have to. Let's see what the next 7 (and beyond) bring! I'm sure we won't be bored or disappointed.

Christmas kind of takes over our Anniversary every year so tonight it's low key. We're going to watch The Sing Off and go to bed at our normal time. Hotel Reservations have been made for January and Pappy and Marme are coming up to babysit Aiden so we can have a night on the town.

Comments

The Massons said…
Jenny, happy anniversary! Jesse and I were just talking about how it's been 7 years since your wedding. We can't believe 7 years have flown by so fast. You know what that means . . . that in in 7 quick years our kids will be SO MUCH OLDER! They really will grow up fast! I have fond memories of your wedding, and of waiting for you to get back from the honeymoon so I can ask you all kinds of questions. :) (girly giggle)

We love you both and can't wait to say congratulations for 60 more years!!
Happy 7 Year Anniversary!!! Wish I would have known yesterday. Hope you two have a wonderful day. If you would like to go out to dinner this week or next to celebrate please let us know!!! Love you two and again, Happy Anniversary.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...