Thank you to my friend, Julie, for this recipe! I made it for dinner tonight for Aiden, Tom and our friends and we weren't disappointed. It was relitively easy (as easy as dinner can be while entertaining a 2 year old) and really yummy. I served it with salad and bread and I heard no complaints.
(Recipe is also from Taste of Home as well as this picture)
(Recipe is also from Taste of Home as well as this picture)Ingredients:
1 medium onion, chopped
2 celery ribs, diced
2 carrots, diced
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup flour
4 cups turkey or chicken broth
2 cups cooked wild rice (I used Rice A Roni Nature's Way Wild Rice, but Julie used Uncle Ben's Sun dried Tomato Wild rice - 1 pkg)
2 cups half and half
2 cups diced cooked chicken (Julie used turkey)
1 tsp. parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Directions:
(1) Open the package of Uncle Ben's wild rice and cook according to package directions. Set aside. (2) In a large kettle, saute onion, celery and carrots in butter/margarine until onion is transparent. Reduce heat.
(3) Blend in flour and cook until bubbly. Gradually add broth 1 cup at a time stirring constantly.
(4) Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute.
(5) Reduce heat and add wild rice, half and half, turkey, parsley, salt and pepper.
(6) Simmer for 20 minutes..
(7) Serve hot with artisan bread.
Comments