With gas threatening to reach $4 a gallon and beyond, My Favorite Things has turned into something like Simple (read: free) Pleasures. Nothing fancy, nothing special, but nonetheless these are some of my all time favorites.
1. Clean Sheets. I LOVE them. I love the softness, the freshness, the way the corners are tucked in perfectly. I love them so much I wash our sheets a couple times a week. Paired with clean jammies all the way around, you'll have the best nights sleep ever...well at least until you wash the sheets again 3 days later. :)
2. Evenings. My most favorite time of the day. I hold evenings sacred. I hate evening commitments. After the supper dishes are done I don't do anything but sit on the couch and hang out with Tom and Aiden. Maybe that's stretching the truth just a tad...a mother's work is never done. I have to make Tom's lunch and usually throw laundry in the dryer that I didn't get to earlier. But still. I savor the hour or 2 that Tom and I have to ourselves after Aiden goes to bed. Of course on my way to bed I usually pick up the last few stray items needing to be put away, start the dishwasher, turn down the heat, make sure Tom has clean towels for the morning, and cover Aiden up. But really, I try to relax the evenings and make them last as long as possible. Adding in some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies makes the evenings even more savory.
3. Redbox. What else would Tom and I do after Aiden goes to bed? We are movie watchers...not so much TV watchers, but we love us a good movie. And with a Redbox just 1 mile away and with movies at just $1 a night, we watch at least 2 a week. They make evenings pretty cozy. I suppose if this were 1942 we'd listen to the radio, read a book, or play a game....but who are we kidding?
There you have it. My simple favorites. Life doesn't get any better.
1. Clean Sheets. I LOVE them. I love the softness, the freshness, the way the corners are tucked in perfectly. I love them so much I wash our sheets a couple times a week. Paired with clean jammies all the way around, you'll have the best nights sleep ever...well at least until you wash the sheets again 3 days later. :)
2. Evenings. My most favorite time of the day. I hold evenings sacred. I hate evening commitments. After the supper dishes are done I don't do anything but sit on the couch and hang out with Tom and Aiden. Maybe that's stretching the truth just a tad...a mother's work is never done. I have to make Tom's lunch and usually throw laundry in the dryer that I didn't get to earlier. But still. I savor the hour or 2 that Tom and I have to ourselves after Aiden goes to bed. Of course on my way to bed I usually pick up the last few stray items needing to be put away, start the dishwasher, turn down the heat, make sure Tom has clean towels for the morning, and cover Aiden up. But really, I try to relax the evenings and make them last as long as possible. Adding in some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies makes the evenings even more savory.
3. Redbox. What else would Tom and I do after Aiden goes to bed? We are movie watchers...not so much TV watchers, but we love us a good movie. And with a Redbox just 1 mile away and with movies at just $1 a night, we watch at least 2 a week. They make evenings pretty cozy. I suppose if this were 1942 we'd listen to the radio, read a book, or play a game....but who are we kidding?
There you have it. My simple favorites. Life doesn't get any better.
Comments