Skip to main content

Randomness

1. When you are pregnant spaghetti sauce counts as a veggie and ice cream counts as your dairy and calcium for the day.

2. When you are pregnant giving your kid graham crackers before lunch counts as his fiber for the day.

3. I am very thankful for the sun dried tomato basil tortilla chips my mom left at our house and for the 2 liter of Sprite that my mother-in-love left. They are what I have consumed today.

4. My first three points are about food. Sad. I don't even like food right now but it seems to be all consuming.

5. Aiden never stops talking. Never.

6. Having Tom home to entertain Aiden and vacuum the house is like a little bit of heaven. Seriously. I'm so thankful for him today.

7. I have an ultrasound in 2 weeks that I think will help me feel a bit better. Seeing the baby always makes things seem more real and maybe it will make me have a better attitude about being pregnant and feeling miserable. The midwife tried to find the heartbeat this week and couldn't since it is still a bit early. So, an ultrasound will be pretty exciting. We're praying everything looks healthy!

8. We all took a cozy nap today while it rained. I really don't mind rainy days.

9. Aiden and Daddy assigned themselves secret names. Aiden is Marvin Oh-Gravel Balloon Face and Daddy is Zanzabar Buck-Buck McFate. Thank you Dr. Suess. :)

10. Aiden said yesterday: "Mama, soon I will be bigger and I can wear deodorant and drive a car." After I caught my breath after his outrageous comment, I laughed. What a silly boy. If only he knew that getting bigger isn't always fun.

10.5. Soon I will post Birthday and Easter pictures. Promise.

Comments

This made me smile. Oh and don't forget that ice cream is also a good source of protein :) There are millions of ways to rationalize ice cream but the best one is pregnancy.
Marme said…
Your post made me smile, too! I remember eating whipping cream on my cereal and feeling totally fine about it! Sweet little Aiden wants to be such a big boy!

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...