I'm risking embarrassment and posting a picture of my messy bathroom.

Yesterday morning I cleaned (scrubbed) this bathroom. Last night, this is what it looked like. There will come a day when our bathroom will stay clean and I'll probably wish there was a little person to mess it up. So, I'm trying to embrace this mess. In the meantime, I think Aiden could use a little lesson in follow through. :)
Today my conversation with Aiden sounded like this:
Aiden: "Mama, are you happy that I'm getting to be a big boy?"
Mama: "No, Aiden. I'm sad. I want you to be my little boy forever."
Aiden: "No! Mama, don't be sad!"
Mama: "I am sad. When you are big then you won't want me to hold you as much. I want you to stay little forever."
Aiden: "Mama, I'm not your little boy! I'm a big boy! I want you to be happy. When I'm big I can play more and more."
Mama: "Ok. I'll try to be happy. Will you promise me that you'll always be my boy?"
Aiden: "Yeah, Mama. I will always be your BIG boy."
That wasn't quite the compromise I was looking for. They grow up too fast, don't they? In just one week Aiden will be 3! I don't think I'm ready for that. :(
Yesterday morning I cleaned (scrubbed) this bathroom. Last night, this is what it looked like. There will come a day when our bathroom will stay clean and I'll probably wish there was a little person to mess it up. So, I'm trying to embrace this mess. In the meantime, I think Aiden could use a little lesson in follow through. :)
Today my conversation with Aiden sounded like this:
Aiden: "Mama, are you happy that I'm getting to be a big boy?"
Mama: "No, Aiden. I'm sad. I want you to be my little boy forever."
Aiden: "No! Mama, don't be sad!"
Mama: "I am sad. When you are big then you won't want me to hold you as much. I want you to stay little forever."
Aiden: "Mama, I'm not your little boy! I'm a big boy! I want you to be happy. When I'm big I can play more and more."
Mama: "Ok. I'll try to be happy. Will you promise me that you'll always be my boy?"
Aiden: "Yeah, Mama. I will always be your BIG boy."
That wasn't quite the compromise I was looking for. They grow up too fast, don't they? In just one week Aiden will be 3! I don't think I'm ready for that. :(
Comments
Question, what is Aiden's bib doing in the bathroom? :)