I have the entire day and night to myself!!! Almost....I'm on-call today as back-up doula (more on that later) but my mom has Aiden and I am free to do as I please until I get called in or until 6 o'clock...whichever comes first. Untimately this means I am kid free, I have some free time, and I get a date with my hubby. It also means that I'm a bit bored. I guess I just don't know what to do with myself when I'm not multitasking. The house is strangely quiet. There are a million things I should be doing but I can't seem to get off the couch. It feels so strange without a busy, busy 3 year old talking my ear off, following me everywhere, and leaving the huge mess in his wake. I keep coming back to the same question and I just can't figure out an answer. What on earth did I do on Saturdays before I had a child? Tom asked me what I wanted to do tonight and the following list rolled through my head: Zoo, Children's Museum, Ice Cream Shop, Kiddie Pool, Movie night at home, in bed by 8. HAHA! I realized we could go to a grown-up place. Tom suggested getting drinks somewhere which I was on board with until I remembered I was pregnant. ;) I'm not quite sure where we will go tonight or what we will do. But, I KNOW I will get to linger over my meal, not have to share my dessert, sleep in in the morning, and miss my baby like crazy. I know Aiden is having so much fun that he hasn't given me a second thought.
Comments