I really, really love Aiden's name. Even though I now know it was the most popular name of the entire decade I would probably still choose it. I was 9 months pregnant by the time we decided on it and there was just no time to fret about it or over analyze it. And that is probably a good thing! We loved the name Aiden and it's meaning is "fiery one" or "little fire" which describes Aiden to a "T." Even though I feel like I'm running a circus with just 1 little boy, I just love that he has so much spunk and personality. We pray that Aiden's fire will be refined and that his fire will be for God. When we dedicated Aiden we dedicated him with this verse:
"My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity. Let love and faithfulness never leave you: bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding: In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:1-6
We thought it was a perfect verse because we all know that fires need boundaries and direction. ;)
Aiden's middle name is Thomas...no surprise there. He's named for his Daddy. Ultimately Tom and Aiden share a namesake. Tom is named for his Great Grandfather Thomas who started the first college for African Americans, Philander Smith, that was founded in 1877. Rev. Thomas Mason (Tom's Great Grandfather) also served as the college's first president. The college is in Little Rock, Arkansas and still in existance today.
So, that is how we arrived at Aiden's name and I'd say he has grown to fit his name perfectly. I'd also say he has a lot to live up to. Now, onto our next little boy....I'll leave you hanging for a day or so. ;)

Proverbs 3:1-6
We thought it was a perfect verse because we all know that fires need boundaries and direction. ;)
Aiden's middle name is Thomas...no surprise there. He's named for his Daddy. Ultimately Tom and Aiden share a namesake. Tom is named for his Great Grandfather Thomas who started the first college for African Americans, Philander Smith, that was founded in 1877. Rev. Thomas Mason (Tom's Great Grandfather) also served as the college's first president. The college is in Little Rock, Arkansas and still in existance today.
So, that is how we arrived at Aiden's name and I'd say he has grown to fit his name perfectly. I'd also say he has a lot to live up to. Now, onto our next little boy....I'll leave you hanging for a day or so. ;)
Comments