We have had this little boy's name picked out for years! I loved that the meaning of Aiden's name had a little bit of spunk to it. And the hippie part of me loved that the meaning had a natural element to it and it was easy to tie into scripture. So, we had to have another boy's name that contained all those elements. Without further ado we are so excited to meet our sweet little Sage! Isn't it perfect? Sage is a healing herb and can just about pass as a spice....so for my two little boys I'll have a fire and a spice. I think Sage will live up to his name and have no problems keeping up with his older brother. Tom and I sometimes think we'd be better off giving our child a name that meant "calm" or "tranquil" but I must be a glutton for punishment because I just love my little boys to be curious, full of life, and full of energy. Sage also means "wisdom" which is something we pray our little man will grow to have. When we dedicate Sage he will be dedicated with this verse:
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to off your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing, and perfect will. Romans 12:1-2
We chose this verse because if Sage is used a healing herb it must be pure to be effective. We pray that our Sage would live a life of purity and offer himself to God as a living sacrifice. A Sage can also mean a "spiritual leader" and we pray that Sage would look to God for wisdom and be just that....a spiritual leader.
Sage's middle name is Jorgen. Jorgen is a long running family name with strong Norwegian roots. Sage's Great Great Grandfather's name was Jorgen and he immigrated to the United States from Norway. In fact, my maiden name is Jorgensen which literally means "Son of Jorgen." Sage's Great Grandfather, Allan Jorgen Jorgensen was a Tail Gunner in a B24 in World War Two. He had a class of 52 men that trained with him and 3 (including my Grandfather) came back alive. My Grandfather was required to fly 24 missions but volunteered for an extra 3 missions bringing his grand total to 27 missions. That is a history and a service to our country that we are pretty proud of. I think my grandmother wasn't brave enough to give my dad the middle name Jorgen because it certainly is a mouthful to have Jorgen as your middle name when your last name is Jorgensen, so my Dad's middle name is Jay. Having an outlandish name didn't stop my mother from naming my brother Erik Jorgen Jorgensen and even though he used to hate it he now embraces it. So, Sage Jorgen has a lot to live up to just like his older brother, but he has a long line of strong and wise men to learn from that will love him and teach him. I know that someday he will feel honored to share a name with some of the greatest men that I know. Sage Jorgen will do his name proud, this we are sure of.
Sage Jorgen 7/13/11

Comments
Love, Pappy