It was a day that I had been dreading for awhile...and thus I had also put it off for awhile. But I knew I didn't want to have a baby in tow when I took Aiden to his first dentist appointment, so I finally bit the bullet and took him. Since Aiden warms up very slowly to new things and is very sensory sensitive, I imagined the worst...something along the lines of a nightmare. However, Aiden did surprisingly well. He eventually refused to wear the bib because he said it was too crunchy and bothering him and wouldn't let them spray water in his mouth because he thought that was "gross." But other than that he was cooperative and well behaved. The staff was patient with him and he got a good report. So, all is well that ends well and the good news is that as long as everything continues to look good he probably won't have to have an actual cleaning until he is much older.
The wait got a bit long so puppy got his teeth flossed.
I'll admit, the wait got ALOT long....dental emergency or something.
He tried the glasses...
Sucked water out of a cup with the thirsty straw...
And, eventually tried out Mr. Thirsty on himself.
They finally got down to the important business of counting his teeth.
And he got a Tiger Toothbrush out of the whole deal, so it wasn't that bad after all.
The wait got a bit long so puppy got his teeth flossed.
I'll admit, the wait got ALOT long....dental emergency or something.
He tried the glasses...
Sucked water out of a cup with the thirsty straw...
And, eventually tried out Mr. Thirsty on himself.
They finally got down to the important business of counting his teeth.
And he got a Tiger Toothbrush out of the whole deal, so it wasn't that bad after all.
Comments