Dinner was yummy tonight. I happened to stumble upon two "keeper" recipes so I thought I'd share.
Shoyu Chicken
1 cup soy sauce (I used Teriyaki sauce)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
1 teaspoon ground paprika (optional)
5 pounds skinless chicken thighs
Shoyu Chicken
1 cup soy sauce (I used Teriyaki sauce)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
1 teaspoon ground paprika (optional)
5 pounds skinless chicken thighs
I didn't use the optional ingredients (except for the paprika) or the ginger (cause I don't like ginger). I scaled the recipe back, used chicken breasts, and blended the marinade a bit in the magic bullet first. Tom grilled it and it was pretty yummy....especially with this side dish:
Benihana's Fried Rice
1 cup rice uncooked
1 cup carrots
1 cup onions
2/3 cup green onions
3 tablespoons seaseme seeds
5 eggs
3 tablespoons soy sauce
5 tablespoons butter
-Cook Rice
-Saute carrots, green onions, and onions in butter
-Scramble eggs
-Mix everything in a hot skillet and add rest of ingredients
-Enjoy!
The only think I didn't like about this recipe was that I had to wash 3 pots for this 1 side dish. It was worth it though...I'd even make it again.
Benihana's Fried Rice
1 cup rice uncooked
1 cup carrots
1 cup onions
2/3 cup green onions
3 tablespoons seaseme seeds
5 eggs
3 tablespoons soy sauce
5 tablespoons butter
-Cook Rice
-Saute carrots, green onions, and onions in butter
-Scramble eggs
-Mix everything in a hot skillet and add rest of ingredients
-Enjoy!
The only think I didn't like about this recipe was that I had to wash 3 pots for this 1 side dish. It was worth it though...I'd even make it again.
Comments