We're in the heart of cabin season and our weekends have become a familiar routine. We spend as much time at the cabin as we can and about 8:30 Sunday night you will find us joining the other mourners on HWY 10 as we leave our care free summer lives Up North and head back to the city where work and responsibilities never end. Even though we would love to prolong our time at the cabin we come back with our hearts full of blessings and gratitude that we've been given such a sacred place to enjoy. Aiden feels the sadness too...last night he said, "Mama, the cabin is so beautiful, I don't want to go home." He speaks for all of us.
My beach baby
Aiden is becoming more of a fish and quite comfortable in the water.
Popcorn with Mame...truly a special treat
We've been enjoying other summer time treats during the week like the pool and the park. I'm getting that itch for Fall to be here where we can enjoy cooler evenings and start new things like school, but like a true Minnesotan I know all too well how long winters last so I never wish Summer away or take for granted it's many opportunities.
Aiden continues to make me laugh. Last week I made a comment about wanting Sage to be out of my belly and Aiden said, "Mama! Sage is NOT done baking yet!" I'm not sure where he heard that but it made me smile. He also told me that he didn't know how old I was because I was an "old number." He said it well and it is true, so I chuckled a bit. I don't want a birthday this year but I am enjoying all the sticks and scraps of paper Aiden keeps bringing me for my birthday. It's pretty sweet and that's all I'll say about that. Hope you all have a great week!
My beach baby
Aiden is becoming more of a fish and quite comfortable in the water.
Popcorn with Mame...truly a special treat
We've been enjoying other summer time treats during the week like the pool and the park. I'm getting that itch for Fall to be here where we can enjoy cooler evenings and start new things like school, but like a true Minnesotan I know all too well how long winters last so I never wish Summer away or take for granted it's many opportunities.
Aiden continues to make me laugh. Last week I made a comment about wanting Sage to be out of my belly and Aiden said, "Mama! Sage is NOT done baking yet!" I'm not sure where he heard that but it made me smile. He also told me that he didn't know how old I was because I was an "old number." He said it well and it is true, so I chuckled a bit. I don't want a birthday this year but I am enjoying all the sticks and scraps of paper Aiden keeps bringing me for my birthday. It's pretty sweet and that's all I'll say about that. Hope you all have a great week!
Comments