Skip to main content

30 Weeks

Poor Sage! Aiden has entry after entry of my pregnancy thoughts, feelings, emotions, and complaints. And sweet little Sage has almost nothing. I've written him a couple letters, but nothing else. To be honest, I'd be more concerned if I were having a girl. I highly doubt my two boys will want to go back and read about their mother's pregnancy, but you just never know. I feel bad just the same. So, at 30 weeks, I thought I'd reflect just a bit.

To get the complaints off my chest first, this pregnancy has been far more painful that Aiden's. I've felt ligaments stretch that I didn't even know existed and I have certain joints that have separated making simple things like rolling over in bed, getting dressed, or getting on the floor very painful. I've even been to the physical therapist to try and cure the fact that too much relaxin has caused a joint to separate too much, but bless her heart, the PT didn't really help at all. I pretty much just need this baby to get out! I have a standing weekly appointment with my Chiropractor and she is able to at least keep me moving. In my third trimester I have somehow regressed back into morning sickness (which thankfully is only present in the morning) and I would give anything to be able to breath again! Good grief! Sage seems to be sucking the life out of me. Even though I am currently measuring big, I have yet to develop the chronic stuffy nose I had with Aiden and the carpel tunnel I had with him hasn't shown up yet either. So, I'm tryin' to keep my chin up.

I worried when I was pregnant with Aiden that he would be a delinquent since he had to listen to me do family therapy with crazy people that had crazy lives and crazy language. With Sage I worry that he's hating the family he was given since he hears me give Aiden several time outs per day and hears me sometimes loose my patience. Oh dear! I'm just praying that he understands grace at an early age. I worry that Sage won't get as much one on one attention as his older brother and I worry that I simply won't have the drive to be a mama %110 of the time. But, the fact of the matter is, no little boy has an older brother who is waiting so patiently for his baby Sage to arrive. Aiden talks to my belly and kisses my belly daily. He is totally absorbed in being an older brother, being a helper, and teaching Sage all kids of things. Aiden is even excited to share his room! Aiden is so unique in the fact that he completely understands that Sage is growing in my belly and he totally treats him like a member of the family already. In fact, yesterday Tom asked Aiden who his best buddy was (a dialogue that the 2 of them have often). And Aiden, like always, replied "Daddy!" But he was very quick to add, "When Sage gets here he will be our best buddy too!" And then my heart melted into a puddle on the floor.

Let's see...unlike my first pregnancy I actually passed the gestational diabetes test the first time so thank goodness I didn't have to take the three hour challenge. I remember Aiden moving a lot, but it seems like Sage moves SO MUCH. He will have quiet spells....but then he will have a couple days where he moves non stop to the point where I'm annoyed. The dentist even commented today on my moving belly. Seriously! I think that Sage will give Aiden a run for his money and have no problems keeping up with him. I used to want a finished basement nicely decorated, but now with 2 little boys I think I'll just opt for a big padded room, if you please. ;) I'm in the 3rd trimester and even though people remind me that taking care of a baby might be easier with the baby still tucked inside, I'm ready to be done. I've been down the road of lack of sleep and I'm ready. Bring it on! Somehow I'll figure out how to manage 2 little ones. Somehow. Things can't start to get easier until Sage gets out, so please, Sage, don't be late. We are excited to meet you and I would like to breath again. Thank you very much.

Comments

30 weeks now, super exciting! You will make a wonderful mother of two and Aiden will be a great big brother. Will pray that the next 10 weeks go well and easy for you!
Marme said…
Hang in there, sweet little mama!

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...