Skip to main content

Thursdays Thoughts

1. I have my first batch of homemade chicken broth in the freezer just waiting for a chilly day to be made into soup.

2. Yesterday while I was at work Tom vacuumed the whole house, put away laundry, organized his sock drawer (!!!!!), took out the air conditioners, went to the pharmacy, took Aiden to the library, and got me a new phone. I LOVE that man. Maybe I should go to work everyday. ;)

3. Our first day of school was fun! And it went well! Here's to a great rest of the year.

4. Yesterday at Verizon the conversation between Aiden and Tom went like this: "Daddy please, please, PLEASE can we go to Dairy Queen?" (Aiden spotted the DQ right next to Verizon) Tom: "Aiden, we will talk about it later. I need to look at phones first. Please don't ask again." Aiden:"Daddy, I WANT to go to Dairy Queen!" And the begging continued...so I'm told. Tom finally said: "Aiden are you continuing to beg because you know that I can't get mad or say no since we are in a public place?" Aiden replied very confidently "YES!" Rumor has it they did end up going to Dairy Queen.

5. NFL football starts tonight. It only took almost 8 years of being married to a football fan, but I too am excited for the start of the season.

6. Sage is doing well. And judging by his kicks and the rate I'm growing, I think I might be giving birth to Hercules. Is this pregnancy over yet???

7. Happy Thursday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...