This is my 600th post here on blogger. Technically this is my 921st on a blog site. Tom started a blog (on xanga) way back when...way back when I had just finished my undergrad and was working for Lutheran Social Services...way back when he must have been the manager at American Eagle (or perhaps he was working at Pizza Hut? I can't remember)...way back in September of 2005. My, how many thoughts our blogs hold. It's so strange to think that our blogs hold documentation of our move to Minnesota, of Tom's first ministry job, of my graduation with a master's degree, the birth of 2 children, the move into our house, the changing of Tom's career, birthdays, summers at the cabin...and the list could go on. I suppose in some sense this blog has become one of my good friends. It holds frustrations and happiness, challenges and accomplishments, and most of all memories of every significant or boring thing we've done. Never did I think that this blogging thing would become a habit, but as the years have passed my posts have increased in number and here I am almost 1,000 entries later. Wow! So, this blog of mine is probably here to stay. At this point in my life I really enjoy it. I hope that someday my boys treasure looking back at their childhood as much as I already enjoy looking back at our life now.
When these blogs started (almost 7 years ago!) I in no way would have guessed how our lives would have unfolded to how they look today. And as I think forward to the next 7 years I have absolutely no idea what our life will grow to be. Seven years ago not knowing what our life would hold used to give me such anxiety. I wanted everything planned out perfectly. But today I can look back at our past and I can see that God has built a case for his faithfulness. Today when I look to the future my heart and soul are peaceful. I don't know what the future will bring....the only thing I am certain of is that there will be change. But, I'm no longer worried or scared. I know that God has a far better plan for us than I even could have mapped out. I think the blessing of looking back at 7 years of our history is that I have seen God work and am reminded of his provision, grace, and faithfulness in our lives. It's a blessing I didn't anticipate but is certainly one I treasure. So, here's to the next 600+ posts, countless memories, emotions, celebrations, and many years to count on God's faithfulness.
When these blogs started (almost 7 years ago!) I in no way would have guessed how our lives would have unfolded to how they look today. And as I think forward to the next 7 years I have absolutely no idea what our life will grow to be. Seven years ago not knowing what our life would hold used to give me such anxiety. I wanted everything planned out perfectly. But today I can look back at our past and I can see that God has built a case for his faithfulness. Today when I look to the future my heart and soul are peaceful. I don't know what the future will bring....the only thing I am certain of is that there will be change. But, I'm no longer worried or scared. I know that God has a far better plan for us than I even could have mapped out. I think the blessing of looking back at 7 years of our history is that I have seen God work and am reminded of his provision, grace, and faithfulness in our lives. It's a blessing I didn't anticipate but is certainly one I treasure. So, here's to the next 600+ posts, countless memories, emotions, celebrations, and many years to count on God's faithfulness.
Comments