Have you ever read The Birth Order Book? After having two children it is every clear to me how two children raised in the same family can have two completely different personalities just based on birth order. Of course God has wired each of us differently, but birth order plays a role in our makeup. I was just telling Tom that parenting a second child is so much different than the first. With Aiden I was so anxious for him to do everything. Smiling, cooing, talking, crawling, walking....I wanted it all to come so fast. I probably pushed him a bit too and spent hours "developing" these skills. With Sage, things are a bit different. I know exactly how fast the time goes and how fast little babies grow up. I spend a large part of the day just starring at my sweet baby and thinking, "Don't change! Don't do anything! Don't learn anything. Just stay a baby...just stay little...just let me spend the day soaking you in." Those early weeks when their little bodies just melt into yours pass by in a heart beat never to return. I know that even just my different attitude with the boys is playing a part in their development. But that's ok. No two people are alike, nor should they be. Your first child is such an adventure. I think I lived on adrenaline most of Aiden's first year. Every time Aiden did something new I got a rush. All those new skills are just as sweet with the second baby, but this time around I'm more relaxed as a mom and I'm able to just enjoy the moment so much more. I was so focused on just trying to keep Aiden alive that I didn't notice that sweet bond between mother and baby. With Sage my calm spirit has allowed me to notice things I never noticed with Aiden. Sage calms down just at the sound of my voice. He prefers me to anyone else. He smiled for me first! He is content to just be toted around. I know my two boys will be different, and I'm totally ok with that. I do believe that Sage will have the spunk to keep up with his older brother. Already Sage can't keep his eyes off Aiden.
A bit more about Sage...he will be 8 weeks on Monday! The time has gone entirely too fast. He still thinks his bedtime is midnight but little by little it's getting a bit better. Just like his Daddy, his Uncle, his Grandfather, and his Great Grandfather he is a night owl. Unfortunately for me, I am not a night owl. As much as I would love to lay in my bed and have uninterrupted sleep, I'm trying to enjoy the nighttime moments with Sage just as much as I enjoy him in the day time. Someday I'll wish I was rocking a baby instead of waiting up for my teenage boys to get home in time for curfew. Sage could also be known as My Little Hunk, He Man, or Baby Beefcakes. My goodness he is strong! Holding his head up is no problem for that little boy. He can stand on his legs and hold his weight, almost pull himself to a sitting position with his ab muscles, and he will push himself up to the top of his bed when I lay him down at night (although I'm not convinced that this isn't just a reflex that hasn't disappeared yet from birth)! This is sometimes frustrating because he'll get pretty mad when he gets to the top and can no longer go anywhere. His smiles come easily and he loves to chat. He still gets the fussies a bit at night although they are getting better than they were. These past two nights I have worn Sage in his Moby Wrap and prepared dinner for the next day and cleaned the kitchen while I've waited for him to fall asleep at night. He likes to pace so I figured I might as well get something done while I wait for him to conk out. Sage's eyes are so blue that I call him my Mickey Blue Eyes. Tom thinks they will stay that but only time will tell. His hair right now is also pretty dark....much darker than Aiden's ever was, but that too could change. Either way he is so stinkin' handsome. He loves his milk and doesn't miss a meal, hates his car seat, and likes to snuggle. I am convinced that he tries to communicate with me. He'll just look and look at me when he's in the bath and as soon as he has my attention he'll start kicking his legs. It's almost as if he wants to say, "Look at me, Mama! Watch me kick!" I guess it's pretty safe to say that I am absolutely in love with this new little boy. I can't imagine life without my two boys and I'm excited to see them grow and develop. I wonder just what they will be like when they are grown?
A bit more about Sage...he will be 8 weeks on Monday! The time has gone entirely too fast. He still thinks his bedtime is midnight but little by little it's getting a bit better. Just like his Daddy, his Uncle, his Grandfather, and his Great Grandfather he is a night owl. Unfortunately for me, I am not a night owl. As much as I would love to lay in my bed and have uninterrupted sleep, I'm trying to enjoy the nighttime moments with Sage just as much as I enjoy him in the day time. Someday I'll wish I was rocking a baby instead of waiting up for my teenage boys to get home in time for curfew. Sage could also be known as My Little Hunk, He Man, or Baby Beefcakes. My goodness he is strong! Holding his head up is no problem for that little boy. He can stand on his legs and hold his weight, almost pull himself to a sitting position with his ab muscles, and he will push himself up to the top of his bed when I lay him down at night (although I'm not convinced that this isn't just a reflex that hasn't disappeared yet from birth)! This is sometimes frustrating because he'll get pretty mad when he gets to the top and can no longer go anywhere. His smiles come easily and he loves to chat. He still gets the fussies a bit at night although they are getting better than they were. These past two nights I have worn Sage in his Moby Wrap and prepared dinner for the next day and cleaned the kitchen while I've waited for him to fall asleep at night. He likes to pace so I figured I might as well get something done while I wait for him to conk out. Sage's eyes are so blue that I call him my Mickey Blue Eyes. Tom thinks they will stay that but only time will tell. His hair right now is also pretty dark....much darker than Aiden's ever was, but that too could change. Either way he is so stinkin' handsome. He loves his milk and doesn't miss a meal, hates his car seat, and likes to snuggle. I am convinced that he tries to communicate with me. He'll just look and look at me when he's in the bath and as soon as he has my attention he'll start kicking his legs. It's almost as if he wants to say, "Look at me, Mama! Watch me kick!" I guess it's pretty safe to say that I am absolutely in love with this new little boy. I can't imagine life without my two boys and I'm excited to see them grow and develop. I wonder just what they will be like when they are grown?

Comments
precious boys.