Ingredients:
1/3 c. honey
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (or canola oil)
1 mashed banana (or 1/3 c. unsweetened applesauce)
1/3 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/3 c. peanut butter (I use homemade)
1 tsp vanilla
1 2/3 c. rolled oats
1/3 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. oat bran (or wheat germ)
1/4 c. flaxseed meal
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2/3 c. chopped nuts of choice (I usually use walnuts or almonds. Sometimes I do 1/3 c. nuts and 1/3 c. shredded unsweetened coconut for variation)
1/2 c. dried cranberries (or other dried fruit pieces)
1/2 c. chocolate chips (or more dried fruit)
Step One:
In a large bowl, beat together honey, oil, banana, applesauce, peanut butter, and vanilla.
Step Two:
Add in oats, flour, oat bran, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, nuts, fruit, and chocolate chips and mix until completely combined.
Step Three:
Press into a greased 13×9 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until edges are golden brown and the middle looks set. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
These keep very well in a sealed container for about a week at room temperature and also freeze great. Enjoy whenever you need a little wholesome snack!
Comments