Skip to main content

A Nice Surprise

In case you haven't noticed, our lives just aren't that interesting. I'm quickly running out of material for a post everyday. I'll try to keep up this trend, but no promises. However, my 600th post is coming up. Any suggestions?

Today started off as business as usual. Tom was up at the crack of dawn (or a little before). I barely mumbled "I love you" before I fell back to sleep as he headed off to work. I woke an hour and a half later to the sound of keys in the door. And I kind of freaked out. Who was trying to get into my house and why were they using keys? Low and behold it was Tom. Evidently he didn't need to work today. So he had the day off. We both got that feeling we had as kids when you wake up and realize school is cancelled because of the snow. :) It was an unexpected surprise. We didn't do much but for me the day was extra sweet. I got to take a nap and Tom went grocery shopping with us....you have no idea how much easier having Tom along makes it for me. Tom also spent the day toting Sage around. What could be sexier than a man wearing a Moby Wrap with your beautiful baby in it? On the agenda for tonight is watching The Help. Tom rented it for us...I think he loves me. :)

Comments

Sounds like a fantastic day!! 600 hundred posts?? wow, that's quite an accomplishment! How about a little walk (or write) down memory lane? I'd love to see where you've come since the beginning of your blog.
Sally said…
Your lives are totally interesting and sweet I love the blogs. Sorry I wasn't in on them sooner. So wonderful seeing Sage and Tom.
Congrats on 600. Can't wait to find out what you post about. Also, did you like, "Help"? I loved it and would recommend it to anyone. Oh yeah, glad you guys are loving your Moby.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...