I went back to work today. "Work" is a term I use loosely since I only worked for three hours (not even). Nonetheless, it was the first time that Daddy, Aiden, and Sage had to fend for themselves. And since Daddy has changed a whopping 2 diapers since Sage has been born I think all parties involved were a bit worried. Sage must have thought it would be funny to have his every-four-day-diaper- blow-out while I was gone. I came home and found Tom had managed to clean up both boys and give them a bath but could only find a newborn sized jammie sleeper that Sage out grew long ago. Tom stuffed (and I do mean stuffed) him in anyway. He looked so silly! I just laughed and laughed when I saw him. Tom also must have had no patience for cloth diapers because the disposable stash of wipes and diapers had been broken into. However, the children don't look any worse for the wear so all is well that ends well. This is going to be a weekly event so the boys will have lots of bonding time, time to just be boys without Mama looking on so closely, and time to find their own rhythm in making Daddy Day as much fun as possible. Aiden LOVES Daddy Day and as soon as Sage grows and isn't such a Mama's boy I know that he will become their third Musketeer. Tom is a champ for letting me spread my wings a bit and get out of the house while he takes on managing a baby and three year old...it's no easy task. For today they all survived....and aren't they all so cute?
Comments
So how did going back to work feel? Were you ready, was it hard? Sage make it for food or did he take a bottle? Feel like it's been forever since we have talked.