(It's just impossible to get a good picture of a 2 month old and a three year old)
My heart is full today! I just love Valentine's Day. Maybe it's because the signature colors are pink and red (my favorite), or maybe because it involves chocolate (my favorite), or maybe because it's an excuse to be sappy and spread the love a little bit (my favorite)....whatever the reason I LOVE it. And I've given myself permission to love it. I don't care one little iota about it being a Hallmark Holiday. In our house, we celebrate. Besides, it's the middle of winter and we have nothing better to do.
The only tradition Tom and I have is that we write each other a love letter. We do this for every anniversary and sometimes birthdays too. In college when we were too poor for presents this is how we acknowledged the day and the tradition has stuck. Unfortunately I only have letters dating back to 2008ish because the binder containing letters from 2003-2007ish is no where to be found. I'm pretty sure that during one of our "cleaning out the clutter" rampages we tossed a tote full of undergrad books, notes, and binders. My best guess is that binder was in that tote. I have cried over this. That binder held a couple very significant letters, but what are ya gonna do?? I now keep the letters in a fireproof box and comfort myself knowing Tom and I have the rest of forever to keep writing letters. :)
Anyway, after this year I have decided to start more traditions but haven't quite decided what yet. If you have any neat ideas please share them! The day was simple. Aiden woke up to his Valentine's waiting for him at the breakfast table (more on that tomorrow). He got together with all his friends at the YMCA for a Valentine exchange and Tot Time, he enjoyed books from Marme, and we made heart shaped Valentine's cupcakes thanks to Grandmommy's party in a box that she sent. He is now at Cubbies where it was "Red Shirt Night" the verse was "Love one another." So perfect! Sage is hanging out with me and the fussies during these evening bewitching hours have not taken a break in honor of the Holiday. :)

How blessed I am to have 3 sweet Valentine's that kiss me everyday! I'm so glad that we can love because Christ first loved us!
Happy Valentine"s Day!
My heart is full today! I just love Valentine's Day. Maybe it's because the signature colors are pink and red (my favorite), or maybe because it involves chocolate (my favorite), or maybe because it's an excuse to be sappy and spread the love a little bit (my favorite)....whatever the reason I LOVE it. And I've given myself permission to love it. I don't care one little iota about it being a Hallmark Holiday. In our house, we celebrate. Besides, it's the middle of winter and we have nothing better to do.
The only tradition Tom and I have is that we write each other a love letter. We do this for every anniversary and sometimes birthdays too. In college when we were too poor for presents this is how we acknowledged the day and the tradition has stuck. Unfortunately I only have letters dating back to 2008ish because the binder containing letters from 2003-2007ish is no where to be found. I'm pretty sure that during one of our "cleaning out the clutter" rampages we tossed a tote full of undergrad books, notes, and binders. My best guess is that binder was in that tote. I have cried over this. That binder held a couple very significant letters, but what are ya gonna do?? I now keep the letters in a fireproof box and comfort myself knowing Tom and I have the rest of forever to keep writing letters. :)
Anyway, after this year I have decided to start more traditions but haven't quite decided what yet. If you have any neat ideas please share them! The day was simple. Aiden woke up to his Valentine's waiting for him at the breakfast table (more on that tomorrow). He got together with all his friends at the YMCA for a Valentine exchange and Tot Time, he enjoyed books from Marme, and we made heart shaped Valentine's cupcakes thanks to Grandmommy's party in a box that she sent. He is now at Cubbies where it was "Red Shirt Night" the verse was "Love one another." So perfect! Sage is hanging out with me and the fussies during these evening bewitching hours have not taken a break in honor of the Holiday. :)
How blessed I am to have 3 sweet Valentine's that kiss me everyday! I'm so glad that we can love because Christ first loved us!
Happy Valentine"s Day!

Comments