Skip to main content

Snow Day!

Being the responsible parent that I am, I left Aiden's snow toys in the yard from last time we got a few flakes. Consequently, during last night's snowfall they got buried and I wasn't about to go hunting for them. So, when Aiden wanted to play in the snow I had to get creative (I suppose when we live in an actual neighborhood I'll have to be more conscious of our yard not looking like a toy box). A squirt bottle, some water, and some food coloring was all it took for some serious entertainment for this three year old. Aiden "painted" the snow and worked on his rainbow masterpiece for more than an hour. The pictures don't really tell a very good story...but believe me, your kid will love it. After that we were both tuckered out so hot cocoa and a Veggie Tales episode it was. We had dinner with Daddy, celebrated Sage's 1/4 Birthday, and now Aiden is in bed and I'm headed there myself. Today was a good day! It finally felt like Minnesota. I had a steady stream of snowmobile traffic in my backyard and I loved it. The plus of having a long gravel driveway is that you have no choice but to have someone clear you out with a plow....so you get to have all the fun playing in the snow without having to shovel. I heard it was heavy! Tomorrow Tom is home and I'm hopeful that a snowman shows up in our yard. I 'm anxious to try out our "snowman kit."






(1/4 of a cake for my baby who is 1/4 of a year old!


It's always such a dilemma as to how many candles to use. Aiden, Tom, and I enjoyed the cake and Sage slept while we sang "Happy Birthday!"

Comments

Coloring the snow, so much fun! Hope the boys made thier snowman today.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...