Skip to main content

Spring In Our Step

This last week has been a blur. We somehow stayed healthy all winter and when the temperature hit 70 (almost 80!) degrees the boys all got sick. By the grace of God I seem to be the last man (woman) standing. Since I've been nursing everyone back to health I count this as a pretty big blessing. Goodness knows that mothers do not get sick days. Anyway, no one got that sick, but the littlest had a fever (which makes mama so sad) and tons and tons of snot. The fever is gone, but the congestion, although much better, is lingering. In between bouts of the colds, we have managed to enjoy the nice weather. We opened up the porch for the season and I even put the furniture on the deck. Since I've done all that I'm just sure it's going to snow again.


Inside play on a sick day. I was informed that this was Aiden's rowboat.


Since Aiden has learned to ride a trike, Daddy started in on teaching Aiden to ride a bike. I kinda think this is going to be a next year thing. Aiden is completely happy with his trike, and even though he could do it if he set his mind to it, I know another 1/2 inch and a couple more pounds would make bike riding a little easier.


Here's the scoop: Aiden changes his clothes so many time per day that it's simply maddening. I try to let it go within reason, but I did put my foot down on wearing his swimsuit for the fun of it. In a moment of weakness I bought the kid a Spiderman swimsuit (I hate Spiderman but Spiderman is what Aiden wants to be when he grows up). Aiden wanted to wear it so bad that he asked if he could go swimming. I figured he'd soon find out that almost 80 degrees in March IS different than 80 degrees in June.


This did not last long. March 19th people! Although the weather has been nice, it's just down right weird!


My poor, sick baby. So pathetic and so cute.

Today, everyone seemed to be feeling good...good enough for a Target run anyway. Tom and Aiden got it in their heads they needed new balls, bases, and the Velcro game. Aiden's skills for using a bat and throwing are pretty good. His catching needs some work. Tom thought this game might provide some good practice. Sadly, I'm so old that I remember when this game first came out and it was all the craze.

Untitled from Jenny on Vimeo.



Aiden can bat, but the whole concept of bases hasn't sunk in yet. I was laughing pretty hard. I think a Twins game is in his future.

Untitled from Jenny on Vimeo.



From last week....we do not go outside as much as I would like. I'm not a huge fan of our yard and consequently Aiden has missed out on riding trikes and bikes and such. So last week we worked on it. Aiden gets very impatient with himself. If he can't do something easily and well on the first try he shuts down. This was the case with riding the trike. After tons of encouraging feel good words and cheering him on, Aiden had a melt down in the middle of the road. I finally told him to get on and ride because we weren't going home til he did (I'm such a mean mom). Anyway, he did it and was quite proud of himself and has gotten good at it. I was laughing because we had just read The Little Engine That Could and as Aiden was trying I heard him start yelling, "I think I can, I think I can!" Pretty soon he was yelling, "I knew I could, I knew I could!" Love that kid!

Untitled from Jenny on Vimeo.


Untitled from Jenny on Vimeo.

Comments

Sally said…
We love being able to share in these magical childhood days. My heart overflows with the joy you bring to us.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...