Happy 5 Month Birthday, Sage! It feels like you've been in our lives forever. We couldn't love you more!
At 5 months....
-You can roll and scoot like a pro. I find you all over the toy room.
-You can sit up by yourself for little bits of time.
-You are happy, smiley, and like to babble.
-You're into blowing bubbles.
-You are having an identity crisis. In the daytime you like to be a big boy...you move and scoot and desperately want to keep up with Aiden. At nighttime you think you are a little baby who needs to eat every two hours and needs Mama to rock him back to sleep.
-On the plus side, your bedtime is between 6 and 7 which is nice...now if you would just STAY asleep.
-You have managed to make your way into Mama's bed for at least half the night...something I was hoping to postpone for at least a couple more months.
-You own our hearts. Each and everyone of us. You give us such joy.
-You absolutely, hands down love the song "Skinnamirinky Dinky Dink." It will calm even your worst case of the fussies.
-You can grab your toys and hold onto them like nobody's business. At the rate you are moving and grabbing it won't be long before I'll have to "Sage proof" our house.
-You are wearing 3-6 month along with some 6-9 month clothes.
-You have a very distinct yell when you want Mama to pick you up.
-I've heard sounds like "ma-ma, ba-ba, bo, da-da, and hi" come out of your mouth as you experiment with your sounds.
-If I'm lucky, you'll take a paci to help you sleep. Most of the time you are offended that I would even offer you something so babyish.
-You know how to "give mama a kiss."
-You giggle if something strikes you as funny which is the sweetest sound!
Untitled from Jenny on Vimeo.
(This video is from several weeks ago..thankfully the spit-up has decreased significantly in these past couple weeks)
Untitled from Jenny on Vimeo.
At 5 months....
-You can roll and scoot like a pro. I find you all over the toy room.
-You can sit up by yourself for little bits of time.
-You are happy, smiley, and like to babble.
-You're into blowing bubbles.
-You are having an identity crisis. In the daytime you like to be a big boy...you move and scoot and desperately want to keep up with Aiden. At nighttime you think you are a little baby who needs to eat every two hours and needs Mama to rock him back to sleep.
-On the plus side, your bedtime is between 6 and 7 which is nice...now if you would just STAY asleep.
-You have managed to make your way into Mama's bed for at least half the night...something I was hoping to postpone for at least a couple more months.
-You own our hearts. Each and everyone of us. You give us such joy.
-You absolutely, hands down love the song "Skinnamirinky Dinky Dink." It will calm even your worst case of the fussies.
-You can grab your toys and hold onto them like nobody's business. At the rate you are moving and grabbing it won't be long before I'll have to "Sage proof" our house.
-You are wearing 3-6 month along with some 6-9 month clothes.
-You have a very distinct yell when you want Mama to pick you up.
-I've heard sounds like "ma-ma, ba-ba, bo, da-da, and hi" come out of your mouth as you experiment with your sounds.
-If I'm lucky, you'll take a paci to help you sleep. Most of the time you are offended that I would even offer you something so babyish.
-You know how to "give mama a kiss."
-You giggle if something strikes you as funny which is the sweetest sound!
Untitled from Jenny on Vimeo.
(This video is from several weeks ago..thankfully the spit-up has decreased significantly in these past couple weeks)
Untitled from Jenny on Vimeo.
| The hippo smile returns! |
| My two sweeties |
| 5 months! |
Comments