Skip to main content

Mass Pandamonium

That and a whole lot of fun is what you get when hundreds of people show up at an Easter Carnival complete with an egg hunt. Yesterday morning we enjoyed The Teddy Bear Band, a magician, the Easter Bunny, carnival games, and an egg hunt at a local church. So. Much. Fun.

The cutest part of the morning was that Aiden insisted on bringing a carrot for the Easter Bunny. I think he was expecting a little bunny and I wasn't quite sure what sort of bunny they were going to have, so I said nothing and let him bring the carrot. At first Aiden was bummed out when he saw the bunny because he thought the bunny wouldn't eat it. But that sweet little bunny did not disappoint my boy. He acted very excited and gobbled up (for pretend but Aiden thought it was real) that carrot. Such a sweet little boy I have.


Musical Squares




Bring 'em in and book 'em! Aiden got to sit in the back of a police car!


Aiden has been asking to see a fire truck and I've been meaning to see if I could make an appointment at the fire station to see one, so Aiden was really excited (as was I) to see this fire truck parked outside. He makes a pretty cute Fireman, don't ya think?


And the Egg Hunt was the highlight. I thought this idea was pretty clever and a good way to serve the masses with an egg hunt. A huge ball pit was made and tons of eggs were dumped in with the balls and people could filter in and out as they pleased. Each kid got 10 eggs and Aiden had fun looking.

Comments

Super fun! Plus nice having it indoors with the cool weather yesterday, we were out and it was chilly.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...