I'm not a schedule Nazi. We have a routine and I just try and make sure that everyone eats and sleeps fairly regularly. With that being said, I can easily fall into a funk where I feel like we're all a bunch of couch potatoes. At the end of the day I sometimes wonder if Aiden had any fun at all today. Sometimes I wonder if I had any fun at all today. And it's those days where we are all a bit grumpy and edgy and I go to bed with the worst Mommy Guilt ever known to man. I'm just coming off about 4 of those days so tomorrow I've resolved to remedy that. Without being a Nazi about it, it is sometimes helpful to roughly plan the day. It takes the pressure off me if I plan on doing a certain task at a certain time so I don't constantly feel like I should be cleaning this or that. Plus, if I plan right I accomplish what is most important during the day and that is investing in my kiddos.
Summer time is usually a time when we go a lot of places. However, with Sage's naps we are a bit more tied down and so I'm feeling like I need more things to do at home with Aiden. Enter this terrific list. If you are on Pinterest all these things are probably old news to you, but they have given me so much more to work with. I have lots of things to do with Aiden but it seems around 3 o'clock I've run out of things and kind of maxed out (the kids are up at 6!). So this list is my 3 o'clock plan and I've stocked up on supplies to do some of these this week. These activities combined with a play date, a trip to the farm, and packing for the cabin should keep us busy until Friday. I hope. Anyway, right now I'm feeling like this list is like a best kept secret so you are welcome for the insight. And Thank You to my dear, Julie, for sharing it with me.
Summer time is usually a time when we go a lot of places. However, with Sage's naps we are a bit more tied down and so I'm feeling like I need more things to do at home with Aiden. Enter this terrific list. If you are on Pinterest all these things are probably old news to you, but they have given me so much more to work with. I have lots of things to do with Aiden but it seems around 3 o'clock I've run out of things and kind of maxed out (the kids are up at 6!). So this list is my 3 o'clock plan and I've stocked up on supplies to do some of these this week. These activities combined with a play date, a trip to the farm, and packing for the cabin should keep us busy until Friday. I hope. Anyway, right now I'm feeling like this list is like a best kept secret so you are welcome for the insight. And Thank You to my dear, Julie, for sharing it with me.
Comments