Skip to main content

Home

I love going home.  I don't mean home here, which I do also love, but home to where I grew up.  Home at my parent's house.  Home where nothing else could be more familiar than inside the house I grew up in. I'm almost embarrassed to say that I had not been there in probably 3 years.  I don't really know why.  My parents come here so much that I just hadn't made the trip.  My parents were so sweet to come and get the boys and I since I can't really travel by myself with both of them since Sage screams in his carseat. He's been known to scream for close to 2 hours before Tom and I have done the unthinkable and taken him out of the carseat for a bit.  Anyway, I am NOT waiting so long this time before we go back. I think by next Summer Sage will hopefully be a better traveler and I can go myself and make this at least a once a year event.  Now Tom and I just need to make a plan to make regular trips to his home in Indiana.

The boys were spoiled.  We crammed as much into one week as we could and we would have done more if it wasn't so stinkin' hot.  It was really nice to be in a small town where I could drive anywhere in under 10 minutes.  You better believe that my sister and I kept the local bakery in business while we were there, stopping almost everyday for treats and bringing home treats to share. My parent's town is right on the Mississippi River and Aiden really liked driving over the bridge.  Next time I want to spend time bike riding on the Dike, but again, it was just too hot.  The pictures showcase almost everything except for maybe a trip to the pool.  I swallowed my pride and took Aiden swimming at the local pool one afternoon....a place I honestly haven't been to since I was in 6th grade. It turned out to be really, really, fun! Without further ado I'll showcase a sneak peak into a week at Camp Pappy and Marme:
We went to a Tree Museum.  This place was so neat and one of my favorite things we did.  The TreeHouse inside was very cool! There was a big bird nest to play in and you could dress up like creatures that live in trees and see yourself on T.V.

There is a beautiful park right on the Bluffs of the Mississippi and the park has a really cool Castle.  I told Aiden this was Prince John's Castle from Robin Hood so he dressed for the occasion and brought his bow and arrow.

We spent a couple mornings at the local Children's Museum.  Aiden even took part in an afternoon dance class.  Let's just say dance lessons probably aren't in his future. :)

We spent a lot of time at home.  The Tread Mill was really entertaining for Aiden. I think we need one at our house.

Aiden LOVED rockin' out with Pappy on his drums.  Sage thought he was big stuff to get a turn too. Both boys liked the piano, as did I, but (as you can see below) rarely did I get a turn to play all by myself. ;)

Sage at the Tree Museum.  He really liked it too!
The best part about the week was just being at home, being with Pappy and Marme, and being relaxed. Thank you so much Mom and Dad!  I would come back tomorrow if I could.  The boys loved it and we've all had withdraw this week and a little bit of loneliness.  Until next time!

Comments

Oh my word, Aiden had to LOVE the Robin Hood adventure. Sure looked like you had an amazing time. I bet your parents had more fun than the boys, what a special week for them.
Sally said…
Loved all the blogs,what fun on a hot cloudy day! Great pictures and I still find myself gasping at our Sage/Jim look alikes. Thanks Jenny for blessing us. Wonderful pics of all especially boat parade.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...