Sage, how is it that you are 9 ( yes 9!) months old? I definitely baby you more than I did Aiden. You are the baby of the family and I guess I want you to stay that way. But, everyday you remind me you are growing into a big boy. You love to play with Aiden and Daddy...joining in on the wrestling and the laughing even when you have no idea what you are laughing at. You and Aiden seem to have your own little world at times. You keep up with him well enough so the 2 of you have special little games you play. I called you Hercules when you were in the womb and that name couldn't be more accurate. You are so strong that just holding you down for a diaper change is a major feat. I think your mantra is, "Everything must be explored, moved, and tasted. Above all else, never sleep longer than 1.5 hours at a time." Like your brother, you are a determined little fellow although I think you might be the independent one in the family. Moving is your number one goal from sun up to sun down. You can scamper to the top of the stairs in no time flat but have yet to realize you could kill yourself on the way down. I've seen you climb up a slide at the playground and shove your toys around like nobodies business. You like veggies more than you like fruit. Like your Daddy you might just be a "foodie." You can taste the slightest hint of citric acid that is in pureed fruit and you gag every time. Everyday when Daddy gets home you crawl to the door to greet him and get a hug, but still prefer Mama to rock you to sleep. After months and month of waking every 2 hours or less and me trying my hardest to "teach" you to sleep in your bed, I have given up. Babies should be with their Mamas anyway so you now get to spend most of the night snuggled up in Mama's bed. It's okay, though. It's part of my plot to soak up every last bit of your babyhood. Goodness knows how fast these 9 months have gone. I don't have much time left.
We've been trying and trying to get Sage to clap his hands. He can do it, but only if you are holding his hands. He must think that's the way it's done. I'm suspicious that he thinks this is the independent version of clapping. We have a ways to go. :)
MVI 0675 from Jenny
on Vimeo.
When I get tired of following Sage around while he pushes his cart I hide it. Then he starts pushing around his musical table.
MVI 0677 from Jenny on Vimeo.
MVI 0675 from Jenny
on Vimeo.
When I get tired of following Sage around while he pushes his cart I hide it. Then he starts pushing around his musical table.
MVI 0677 from Jenny on Vimeo.



Comments