Aiden and Tom finished reading The Trumpet of the Swan last week and Aiden is already asking to read it again. He is completely captivated by the boy, Sam Beaver, and his swan friend, Louis. If Sam Beaver was a real, live boy Aiden and he would be best friends. I just know it. And I know that Aiden wishes he was friends with Sam Beaver and could communicate with a Swan too. Aiden loves nature and so does Sam Beaver. Since reading the book Aiden has been recording things in a journal, just like Sam, and walking around with his binoculars, magnifying glass, camera and journal and exploring. It's so cute and I can't get enough of it! I love having boys that would rather be outside than inside, so Tom and I are more than happy to feed Aiden's obsession with nature. We spent Sunday at Minnehaha Falls and didn't want to come home. I had never been there and this place is just the kind of place that I love. There is plenty of room to wade in shallow areas with clear, rocky bottoms. It reminds me of Colorado. Who would have thought we have such a place in the heart of the city? Sage had a gay ol' time as well. Even though I want Sage to stay my baby forever, I'm looking forward to exploring with both my little boys on foot. Nonetheless, we will be going back soon!
Aiden and Tom finished reading The Trumpet of the Swan last week and Aiden is already asking to read it again. He is completely captivated by the boy, Sam Beaver, and his swan friend, Louis. If Sam Beaver was a real, live boy Aiden and he would be best friends. I just know it. And I know that Aiden wishes he was friends with Sam Beaver and could communicate with a Swan too. Aiden loves nature and so does Sam Beaver. Since reading the book Aiden has been recording things in a journal, just like Sam, and walking around with his binoculars, magnifying glass, camera and journal and exploring. It's so cute and I can't get enough of it! I love having boys that would rather be outside than inside, so Tom and I are more than happy to feed Aiden's obsession with nature. We spent Sunday at Minnehaha Falls and didn't want to come home. I had never been there and this place is just the kind of place that I love. There is plenty of room to wade in shallow areas with clear, rocky bottoms. It reminds me of Colorado. Who would have thought we have such a place in the heart of the city? Sage had a gay ol' time as well. Even though I want Sage to stay my baby forever, I'm looking forward to exploring with both my little boys on foot. Nonetheless, we will be going back soon!






Comments