Is it really the unofficial end of Summer? Transitioning into Fall is always so bittersweet. I'm ready for a fresh start, for the air to have a chill, for apple season and pumpkin season and for a few weekly commitments. But, I'm not totally ready to give up lazy Summer days. Gone are the days with no agenda, the boat rides, the beach and seeing our family almost every weekend. Saying "Goodbye" to Summer is easier to do when I know the Apple Orchard will be waiting for us to visit and I know Summer will greet us next year with it's warm arms wide open.
Unlike most, we are not starting school this week. Since we played until the very end of Summer we (I) wasn't prepared to start teaching today. So this week is all about prepping for Preschool and taking care of business like dentist appts, doctor appts, and such. Even though we will start school (and a couple more things) next week, I know we'll still take advantage of the last warm days outside and squeeze in a few more boat rides before cold weather makes an enterance.
And now here's a glimpse of Summer's last hurrah.
Unlike most, we are not starting school this week. Since we played until the very end of Summer we (I) wasn't prepared to start teaching today. So this week is all about prepping for Preschool and taking care of business like dentist appts, doctor appts, and such. Even though we will start school (and a couple more things) next week, I know we'll still take advantage of the last warm days outside and squeeze in a few more boat rides before cold weather makes an enterance.
And now here's a glimpse of Summer's last hurrah.










Comments