Skip to main content

HaPpY BiRtHdAy, DaDdY-o!!!

Tom,
You are the cheese to my macaroni  You are the horizon to my sky You are the bacon to my eggs You are the laces to my sneakers  You are the jelly to my peanut butter You are the smile to my face You are the gravy to my mashed potatoes You are the bubbles to my bath You are the milk to my cookie You are the ink to my pen You are the ketchup to my fries You are the water to my ocean You are the icing on my cupcake

Happy Birthday, Tom! What more could I ask for? I'm so glad God made you especially for me.  It's such a privilege to celebrate your birthday and count all the reasons I'm thankful for you. Thank you for working hard, supporting us, letting the boys be boys, teaching our children, being graceful, being flexible, valuing experiences, and loving us unconditionally.  God was so good when he knitted you together....when he miraculously healed you....when he allowed medical science to be advanced enough to keep you alive.  I feel immeasurably blessed when I think that he did all those things not just for you, but for me and for our little boys.  Hope your day was special!

I think it's important for kids to buy presents for people.  Aiden is at the age now where he really understands buying presents for people and he usually thinks about it and does a pretty good job picking something out. As long as it isn't too outrageous, we go for it. For my birthday he told Tom he wanted to buy me treasure so they settled on a pair of earrings.  Aiden had already decided what he wanted to buy Tom before we got to the store.  It might be silly, but Aiden knows Tom loves these things and he knows that Mama never buys them. :)
MVI 0752 from Jenny on Vimeo.




Comments

Sally said…
I am thankful to God for a son who knows how to be sooo excited when his son gives him his favorite Pop Tarts for his birthday. Also thankful for the lovely wife who shared this special moment with me. Mom K.
Too funny. My sister-in-law would be just as excited. Happy Birthday Tom. Hope you had a great day

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...