I drug my feet for a good long time before signing up for Pinterest. I thought for sure it would A) consume my time (it doesn't really) and B) make me irritated that all the houses on it were better decorated than mine (they are and I' trying to get over it). All in all, however, it's been a really great thing. My recipes are in one place. I have a file of this and that and lots of ideas for Aiden and Sage. I kind of love it. Anyway, often as I'm surfing and pinning I think, "How clever is that!" or "How do these people come up with this stuff??" That last question can go both ways. Sometimes I wonder how people come up with really awesome stuff, and then sometimes I wonder how people come up with such awful stuff (like this pan of nasty)! Once in awhile I get a little down on myself, especially when I come across things like, "100 awesome things to do with your kids." I always think those moms must be super great....and then I read their list and realize they were only awesome enough to actually write down a list, but I've done all the things mentioned. And really....there are some stupid things on those lists. For example, who really writes "play with toys" on a list of things to do with kids? Isn't that a given? So to get to the point, I have my own Pinterest worthy things (in my opinion) that could give some of the already pinned ideas a run for their money. I am feeling pretty proud of myself. So, take that Pinterest! This average, run-of-the-mill and not all that crafty mom who has no extra time on her hands has something to share. :)
Things to do with kids on a rainy day: I spent a good portion of an hour cleaning out the kiddie pool the other day so we could bring it inside and fill it with pillows and blankets for a nest. It's fun to play make believe with and it's fun to sit in to watch movies. I have dream of filling it with popped pop corn and having a pop corn fight but that dream turns nightmare when I think of the choking hazard it would pose for Sage. All in good time.
For the kids: Secondly, we were in need of a Chore Chart. I wasn't happy with any of the ones I could find and the one I really wanted was a bit more than I wanted to spend. So, I ordered just the magnets from the one I really wanted and bought my own board at Michaels. It's simple. Aiden's jobs are either done or not done and I don't have to hand out stars for every little thing. I'm just not consistent like that. Aiden does his chores each day for the most part (he's only 4!) and this system works well for us so far. Ta-da!
Things to do with kids on a rainy day: I spent a good portion of an hour cleaning out the kiddie pool the other day so we could bring it inside and fill it with pillows and blankets for a nest. It's fun to play make believe with and it's fun to sit in to watch movies. I have dream of filling it with popped pop corn and having a pop corn fight but that dream turns nightmare when I think of the choking hazard it would pose for Sage. All in good time.
Comments