Skip to main content

Sage at 10 months

My sweet Baby Sagey.  He turned 10 months last week.  Like every mother, I just don't know how that is possible.  I have tried so hard not to let birth order effect my children. But alas, I have failed.  Aiden is my first born and thus has been my big boy. He is type A, cautious, and likes things exact. In my efforts not to create middle child syndrome, I have babied Sage.  Rightly so since he is still a baby.  But in contrast to Aiden, Sage is my baby...and I have no intention of thinking otherwise. I know I probably worked with Aiden more.  Truth be told, I probably pushed Aiden.  I'll teach Sage all kinds of good things too, in good time. But, Sage is my baby and since he will inevitably grow up, I'm ok letting him be just that...my sweet Baby Sagey.

Although Sage is my baby, he thinks he is a big boy and he is always on the go. Sage throws caution to the wind and pursues things with reckless abandon. I could trust Aiden not to fall off the bed at this age.  Not so with Sage.  Sage takes such great joy in rolling all over our bed, completely lives in the moment, and would pummel right off the edge if I didn't grab his foot. He can take a couple steps on his own but prefers to crawl...it is a very efficient form of transportation for him, after all. I had a video of his first 2 steps, but in the camera shuffle that has been going on around here I lost it. Sadness. I love that everyday his personality comes out more and more. Recently he has started being shy with strangers.  He hides his face in my chest when meeting new people and it is beyond cute. He is a snuggle bug! Sage LOVES his Daddy, cries when you leave the room, and babbles all day long.  All of these sweet things about him make taking care of him worth it because right now he is SO much work.  It's like taking care of an infant and a busy toddler at the same time.  I'm usually passed out on the couch by 9 o'clock.  In fact, Tom and I have been laughing at ourselves lately. We used to rent a movie several times per week. These days we've just been watching a 40 minute episode of our favorite T.V. show because we can't stay awake for an entire movie.  In fact, sometimes it takes us 2 nights to watch 40 minutes of T.V.  How sad is that? Seasons of life, I suppose.


Here are 2 silly videos of Sagey.  Isn't he just a love (who is completely obsessed with the vacuum)?
  20121006(163436) from Jenny on Vimeo.
  00000 from Jenny on Vimeo.

Comments

Happy 10 Month Birthday, handsome boy. Beautiful pictures too.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...