I was tired of getting up in the night with Sage so I fixed that by putting him in our bed. He still wakes sometimes, but overall we are getting a lot more sleep! My next dilemma was that I was also still getting up with Aiden in the night.....regularly....as in every. single. night. I can be understanding of bad dreams or bathroom needs every now and again but this was, like I said before, every. single. night. Why, you ask? It was because one of Aiden's four "friends" would get lost in the covers and when Aiden got up to take a drink, or roll over, or do whatever it is he does in the night, he would notice. I think he must wake up to take roll call of his stuffed animals or something. Anyway, I was really, really tired of getting up to search for a piece of fluff. So, I came up with the Buddy System. Maybe it's a little unconventional, but this way every one (or animal) is accounted for all night long. Aiden's happy because his little inner circle of friends (which has grown from 1 to 4 over the years) is accounted for and I'm happy since I'm not up because of an Amber Alert for a missing stuffed animal. It's been a life saver....or at least a sleep saver. It's just one of those funny things I want to look back and remember about my four year old. :)
That's right. I took a ribbon and tied all the animals together. Sleep is a beautiful thing.
Comments