For Christmas, Aiden asked Santa to bring him Captain Hook's Skull Island Play Set. Of course, Santa delivered and Aiden has spent hours playing Peter Pan and Captain Hook. Santa must have miscalculated and made too many Island Play Sets because the day after Christmas all the left overs went on clearance. I suppose the stores needed to make room for Peter Pan's Skull Rock Play Set...a completely different toy in the mind of a 4 year old. Aiden spied this toy right away and has been talking about it since....for about 2 weeks, but that is a long time in the life of a 4 year old. And to be honest, it's a long time for a Mama to hear about it too. I had told Aiden maybe it could be a birthday present. I tucked it away in my mind as maybe something for Valentine's Day. To be honest, it was hard to see why we needed the Skull Rock Play Set when we already had the Skull Island Play Set, Peter Pan's Tree House, and Bucky...Jake's Ship from Jake and the Neverland pirates. The point is, I wasn't really ready to buy another play set when Aiden raked in quite a few toys for Christmas.
But, Daddy is a softy. And he understands little boys. And this morning Aiden woke up to a Surprise on his bed. Daddy bought Peter Pan's Skull Rock Play Set. With it, he left this note:
Aiden,
Sometimes Daddy just has to remind you of how loved you are. You make me so proud. You have learned to put people before things. This is an important lesson that I hope you will instill in your own children someday. God loves people so much that He was willing to let His own Son be put to death on a cross and be punished for our sins, therefore we ought to love as God loves. :) You, my son, are beginning to demonstrate this and it makes me smile. I love you, son. You are precious to me. I hope you enjoy your new toy. I bought it for you because...I LOVE YOU!
Love, Daddy
So....Aiden was thrilled with his new toy. Mama was a puddle on the floor because she married the best man in the whole world. Jim and Sally, if you are reading this, all your blood, sweat, and tears that went into raising Tom were worth it. He is the best daddy! Clearly he had an amazing example to follow and Aiden, Sage, and I are blessed because of it.
To keep it real, this is the bedtime conversation I had with Aiden last night.
Aiden: "Hey Mama! When are you going to wash your sheets? (Aiden always starts out sleeping in our bed)
Mama: "Ummm...why?"
Aiden: "Because I just wiped my boogers all over the side of your sheets."
Mama: "Terrific. Please just go to sleep."
Needless to say, the sheets were washed this morning.
But, Daddy is a softy. And he understands little boys. And this morning Aiden woke up to a Surprise on his bed. Daddy bought Peter Pan's Skull Rock Play Set. With it, he left this note:
Aiden,
Sometimes Daddy just has to remind you of how loved you are. You make me so proud. You have learned to put people before things. This is an important lesson that I hope you will instill in your own children someday. God loves people so much that He was willing to let His own Son be put to death on a cross and be punished for our sins, therefore we ought to love as God loves. :) You, my son, are beginning to demonstrate this and it makes me smile. I love you, son. You are precious to me. I hope you enjoy your new toy. I bought it for you because...I LOVE YOU!
Love, Daddy
So....Aiden was thrilled with his new toy. Mama was a puddle on the floor because she married the best man in the whole world. Jim and Sally, if you are reading this, all your blood, sweat, and tears that went into raising Tom were worth it. He is the best daddy! Clearly he had an amazing example to follow and Aiden, Sage, and I are blessed because of it.
To keep it real, this is the bedtime conversation I had with Aiden last night.
Aiden: "Hey Mama! When are you going to wash your sheets? (Aiden always starts out sleeping in our bed)
Mama: "Ummm...why?"
Aiden: "Because I just wiped my boogers all over the side of your sheets."
Mama: "Terrific. Please just go to sleep."
Needless to say, the sheets were washed this morning.
Comments