Just in case you are reading this blog from a warm climate, I feel like I should remind you that it's still winter in Minnesota. Winter seems to be over staying it's welcome and we are going a little stir crazy. I'm convinced that Minnesota Moms are the most resourceful and creative moms in the country as we come up with endless ways to entertain our children and make something out of nothing all through the long winter. Today I hauled out the mattress to the toddler bed thinking the boys could jump on it for awhile and then we could use it as a cozy reading place. They had lots of fun jumping but then Aiden wanted to make a cave with it. Being the engineer that I am, I went straight to work and rigged up a cave the best I could using a sheet and fashioning a maze of sorts out of 3M sticky hooks and twine and piecing it here and there with clothes pins. I even added some Christmas lights for flare. However, the Cave wasn't made to withstand the storm of two little boys and my structural engineering knowledge is slim, so sadly the cave only lasted about an hour, which is also how long it took me to make it. :) Oh-well...it entertained us until the boys decided they wanted a 2nd lunch.
Just in case you are reading this blog from a warm climate, I feel like I should remind you that it's still winter in Minnesota. Winter seems to be over staying it's welcome and we are going a little stir crazy. I'm convinced that Minnesota Moms are the most resourceful and creative moms in the country as we come up with endless ways to entertain our children and make something out of nothing all through the long winter. Today I hauled out the mattress to the toddler bed thinking the boys could jump on it for awhile and then we could use it as a cozy reading place. They had lots of fun jumping but then Aiden wanted to make a cave with it. Being the engineer that I am, I went straight to work and rigged up a cave the best I could using a sheet and fashioning a maze of sorts out of 3M sticky hooks and twine and piecing it here and there with clothes pins. I even added some Christmas lights for flare. However, the Cave wasn't made to withstand the storm of two little boys and my structural engineering knowledge is slim, so sadly the cave only lasted about an hour, which is also how long it took me to make it. :) Oh-well...it entertained us until the boys decided they wanted a 2nd lunch.
Comments