After a week of one rain storm after another that left our backyard and part of the basement soggy, the weather turned gorgeous. So when I saw that the Minneapolis Pops Orchestra was playing at Lake Harriet's Bandshell we decided we couldn't not go. Couple sitting on a blanket on a warm Summer night with the orchestra playing and the lake as a back drop with homemade strawberry shortcake from fresh picked strawberries, and you have yourself one beautiful night. As it was, the boys had fun and loved the music as did Tom and I. Admittedly, we would have had more fun had we been flying solo (without the boys). Maybe Tom could have been my dance partner instead of Aiden...even though Aiden is one sweet and darling partner. August is our promised land which will bring more date nights. I shouldn't even say "more" date nights but rather just date nights in general. Since we've had zero dates in the foreseeable past anything is "more" and will be welcome with arms wide open. :) Kids or no, music at Lake Harriet is a regular on our calendar.


Comments