Skip to main content

Summer, Summer, SUMMER!

We are home from 10ish or so days at the cabin and we'll be home for a stretch of almost 2 weeks before we go back for more. This Summer has been Aiden's Summer at the cabin. He is old enough to do many things now and each night he falls into bed with his eyes already closed because he has been moving all day!  He is Tom's constant companion up at the lake. They swim, fish, jet ski, and even go Sailing. I did get the priviledge of taking Aiden on his first jet ski ride. His swimming skills have improved some, and while I know he would still panic if he fell off, I decided maybe putting him on the jet ski would boost his confidence. My cautious child doesn't love it yet, but he will. :) I think tubing is the one thing he isn't doing yet...all in good time. He loves the pontoon with Pappy and this year he got to go sailing with Grandpa. Sailing is my personal favorite way to be on the lake so hopefully Grandpa makes a sailor out of Aiden so he can take his Mama someday.

What does Sage do at the lake? He really wants to do things that he simply can't do...like walk out into the lake until he is in over his head. He thinks his Mama is a big fun sucker. But alas, my normally focused child with a long attention span can't focus on any one thing because there is simply too much to take in and too much space to roam. He swings for 2 seconds, rides the motorcycle for 2 seconds, plays on the beach for 2 seconds, tries out the merry-go-round for 2 seconds....you get the idea. Chasing him is super fun for Mama.  I know my days of sitting in the hammock will come back and by then I'll probably be wishing for a toddler to chase. :)


Co-pilot for a nighttime boat ride with PAppy

Two peas in a pod

This child fished for 3 hours even though he caught nothing.

Learning to Sail
A sailor in the making

Comments

Jenny said…
I love it! Such a wonderful haven God has provided for you guys. :)
Sally said…
I love these pics!

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...